New Speed 13 Innova Driver-THE GROOVE

Talk about discs and other DG equipment

Re: New Speed 13 Innova Driver-THE GROOVE

Postby BubbaKick on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:51 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:Okay, I recently picked up one of these Groove discs. While I had thought about trying a lighter one, I figured I'd start with one around the usual driver weight I throw, so I got a 172g. And, bottom line, I'm pretty disappointed with it. I would definitely fit into that "a driver for the rest of us" category that Innova is touting this disc as being perfect for, meaning, yes, I don't have the big arm by ANY means. I find that Innova's ratings for this disc just didn't seem accurate at all. First off, it didn't appear to be any faster than a destroyer, for example. Nor did it seem to have more glide. The turn doesn't seem to be a -2, & the fade at the end of the flightwas more than 2, it appeared to have as much fade as a destroyer or X-Caliber!! So, anyway, I guess distance is most important, right? Well, my wraiths & destroyers were consistently going farther, usually at least 10 to 15 feet, sometimes more. And hell, my old inferno's easily beat the groove by at least 25 feet every time! So... I guess I have a bright green Groove for sale or trade if anyone's interested!! :mrgreen:
Sooo...I'm guessing I can stop looking for a Groove to trade for that Comet? :lol:
BubbaKick
Par Poster

Postby forehand on Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:02 pm

hey jeff what r u wantn 4 it?
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby toledodg1 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:49 am

toledodg1 wrote:my opinion is im an am 3 im going to pass on the groove.

the same hype is being spread just like the boss had.

and i couldnt throw that.

i do better with what i know.

until i turn pro which prob wont happen i'll stick with what i got

i have a disc that goes straight one that goes left and one that goes right

and some i can throw thumber style.

it's all advertising how many of you can really throw 500???

ok so we had a tourny in temperence and i got one 172 grams with my player pack before the event
and i freakin love it i love it so much i got another with my winnings at the tourny

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
YOU SUCK AND I AM SWEET, NO SERIOUSLY!!

http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/1413

CFR 2010 TAG #462
toledodg1
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:22 pm

forehand wrote:hey jeff what r u wantn 4 it?

Well, somethin' is tellin' me maybe I shouldn't quite give up on it yet, that maybe I ought to give it another chance on the practice field. But, I did mean to ask you Brian at the tournament Sun. if you had any pro destroyers you'd be willing to trade. If so, let me know of any other discs(besides the Groove) that you might be looking for. TeeRex's, Firebird's, you name it, chances are I might have some!
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I have 3 destroyers looking for a new home. When they first came out I got a couple pro line and a star line. Unlike most people, however, I didn't really like the destroyer.
I like TeeRex's but I don't really need one right now. So, I'll try the Groove, a Monster, Firebird, Banshee or anything that is stable/overstable.
Let me know.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby forehand on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:23 pm

I do have a couple jeff not sure the weights though.
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:17 am

forehand wrote:I do have a couple jeff not sure the weights though.

Well, actually, at least with the pro destroyer, the weight isn't too big a deal with me. Most of the ones I have are 169g, they don't make them much lighter, & heavier is fine too.

And Jeff I., we could probably work up some trades on the two pro destroyers if you want. Not really interested in the star one, I have those but don't like them as much. I guess maybe at an event soon(I probably won't make the Match play tour.), I can bring some of the discs you mentioned & we could work something out, okay? 8-)
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Well I gave the Groove some throws again yesterday, & it continues to not impress me much at all. No chance of it finding a spot in my bag! I thought maybe I'd like this one, because I really like the Monarch, which was the first disc Innova came up with that had the channel or groove in the rim. I've been talking up trading for pro destroyers, but I'd also be interested in Monarchs as well! 8-)
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby forehand on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:Well I gave the Groove some throws again yesterday, & it continues to not impress me much at all. No chance of it finding a spot in my bag! I thought maybe I'd like this one, because I really like the Monarch, which was the first disc Innova came up with that had the channel or groove in the rim. I've been talking up trading for pro destroyers, but I'd also be interested in Monarchs as well! 8-)

I got ya jeff...Let me dig through my discs and c how many I have
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby discdork on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 pm

what can be said but the destroyer destroys the groove sorry innova not feelin the groove :twisted:
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Previous

Return to Disc Talk & Equipment Chat