Lost: Pink Ice Bowl Destroyer

lose your disc? leave one behind? post it up in here...

Lost: Pink Ice Bowl Destroyer

Postby Milos3 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:13 am

My buddy scott lost his pink ice bowl destroyer at Quail on Tuesday. Well, not lost, more like cradled in the hateful arms of a tree on hole 15. At the top. The very top. We tried, but no dice. As we were leaving, a storm was starting to blow in, so if it came down and anyone spots it, his name and number are on it. Thanks
Milos3
Bogey Poster

Re: Lost: Pink Ice Bowl Destroyer

Postby listen4chains on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Oh yeah, it was there and someone who had the CRAZINESS to go climb up after it got it. Is there a reward or something for it? If not, that disc was NOT coming down any other way, and he WORKED FOR IT!

Post here with your answer, please. :D
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby ScottJB on Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 pm

Well actually I'll post a reply, since it was my Ice Bowl Destroyer... I got that in the silent auction, which I only participated in because it was charity, and because then I would have a custom stamped disc from an event I took place in actually in my arsenal, my bag of tricks if you will, and love the idea of everyones "Indiana Jones" bag being unique, yet representative of their experiences. In point of fact, it was the most overstable Star Destroyer i had ever thrown, and had grown fond of it's predictable flight, and maybe even imagined that in ten years people would talk about a weird, more overstable than usual flight that existed on this incredibally rare run of Star destroyers that had ice Bowl 09 stamps on them...you people who know what I'm talking about know what I'm talking about...anyhoo, my Tomohawk was 4"short of clearing the tallest tree with what looked to be like an Ace Run line, and needless to say an incredibally violent, 3 richochet Multiball shot inbedded me like 8ft' from the top of the tallest pine in an archane, four pronged fingerlock of branches, and indeed after 25min of rock throwing, tree branch stretching with, thoughts of perhaps climbing half way and shaking it efforts, i had to abandon it, with the hopes that indeed the high winds and storm that seemed an hour a way would knock it down overnight, and a fellow member of the RCF or indeed just a Karma-rich fellow golfer would of course call the number. But alas, it became an extreme sports junkie trophy for said person to lust, to plot for, and to ultimately attain in some overcompensating display of self doubt or self loathing physical achievement, quite ape like the actual act of climbing a tree for any goal in fact, and well played sir. You have succeeded in asssisting in the removal of a piece of my disc golf history from my current play, which does in fact make me sad. That being said, c'mon man, it's me...Scott J. Ballard. I'm a good guy and I have returned three discs to date, a 100%ratio on ones with phone numbers, and you've probably played a round with me...and found me quite peaceloving and hilarious...I think it's badass that you climbed that tree, I couldn't, but just give it back and this will be a cool story, and new chapter in the discs history that I will remember each time i throw it.
"It is a fools prerogative to utter truths that noone else will speak..." ~ Dream
ScottJB
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:46 pm

ScottJB wrote:Well actually I'll post a reply, since it was my Ice Bowl Destroyer... I got that in the silent auction, which I only participated in because it was charity, and because then I would have a custom stamped disc from an event I took place in actually in my arsenal, my bag of tricks if you will, and love the idea of everyones "Indiana Jones" bag being unique, yet representative of their experiences. In point of fact, it was the most overstable Star Destroyer i had ever thrown, and had grown fond of it's predictable flight, and maybe even imagined that in ten years people would talk about a weird, more overstable than usual flight that existed on this incredibally rare run of Star destroyers that had ice Bowl 09 stamps on them...you people who know what I'm talking about know what I'm talking about...anyhoo, my Tomohawk was 4"short of clearing the tallest tree with what looked to be like an Ace Run line, and needless to say an incredibally violent, 3 richochet Multiball shot inbedded me like 8ft' from the top of the tallest pine in an archane, four pronged fingerlock of branches, and indeed after 25min of rock throwing, tree branch stretching with, thoughts of perhaps climbing half way and shaking it efforts, i had to abandon it, with the hopes that indeed the high winds and storm that seemed an hour a way would knock it down overnight, and a fellow member of the RCF or indeed just a Karma-rich fellow golfer would of course call the number. But alas, it became an extreme sports junkie trophy for said person to lust, to plot for, and to ultimately attain in some overcompensating display of self doubt or self loathing physical achievement, quite ape like the actual act of climbing a tree for any goal in fact, and well played sir. You have succeeded in asssisting in the removal of a piece of my disc golf history from my current play, which does in fact make me sad. That being said, c'mon man, it's me...Scott J. Ballard. I'm a good guy and I have returned three discs to date, a 100%ratio on ones with phone numbers, and you've probably played a round with me...and found me quite peaceloving and hilarious...I think it's badass that you climbed that tree, I couldn't, but just give it back and this will be a cool story, and new chapter in the discs history that I will remember each time i throw it.

blah blah.

it's scott's disc. return it, maybe he'll give you a beer or two.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Return to Lost Discs