nuke down souix pass

lose your disc? leave one behind? post it up in here...

nuke down souix pass

Postby codybritton on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:05 pm

I lost one of ny favorite disc esp nuke yellow with a small nuke symbol off center reward upon return
rcf# 16
codybritton
Par Poster

Re: nuke down souix pass

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:16 am

Played there Sunday 4/1 & didn't see anything. Was there a specific hole that you lost it on, Cody??
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:49 am

I wish you luck on finding it man. Seems like every time I go to Sioux, I run into a group of teenage boys who work as a team to scour all of the prarie grass for discs. I've confronted them about keeping the ones with names and numbers on them and been frankly told to "piss off." Oh well, there were more of them than there were of me.

Keep your eyes open and Play it Again on Manchester. They usually turn up there.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Stubborn Puppet wrote:I wish you luck on finding it man. Seems like every time I go to Sioux, I run into a group of teenage boys who work as a team to scour all of the prarie grass for discs. I've confronted them about keeping the ones with names and numbers on them and been frankly told to "piss off." Oh well, there were more of them than there were of me.

Keep your eyes open and Play it Again on Manchester. They usually turn up there.

I pretty much play Sioux on a weekly basis.......& I've never run into what you're talking about here. Been there the last couple of Sundays, often play during the week, Tues. or Wed., & I've never seen a group of kids looking through the tall grass like that. So I really don't think that could much of an on going issue.......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Rereading my post, "every time" is an exaggeration and I'm sorry.

I HAVE actually seen them at least 5 times out of the last 10 times I've been. It could be a timing thing, but they do show up and you can always tell when they've been recently because you'll see carefully planned rows of trampelling where they've been through. I've even run into them at Play It Again, right after I saw them at Sioux. They were selling a stack of about 30 discs. There are 4 of them, between 17 and 20 years old, all caucasian, all wearing athletic wear, short hair, etc.

It's like that M&M's Santa commercial, "They DO exist!"
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

nuke down souix pass

Postby emptv on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:06 am

Disc up,
I have heard of that gang. Most of us disc golfers are "chain" smokers, but I believe the name given to those bottom feeder gangs that don't try to return disc are known throughout the universe as "The Pole Smokers". :lol:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $167/$117
Sweeps= $10/$17
Fun= $443
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby codybritton on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Well I'm pleased to announce that I actually recieved a call and my disc was returned. even though it was by someone I play with here and there its still a good feeling when you know there's few people who are honest enough to return your disc to you.
rcf# 16
codybritton
Par Poster

Return to Lost Discs