Oh boy, I am hoping for the best...

lose your disc? leave one behind? post it up in here...

Oh boy, I am hoping for the best...

Postby discdoh on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:09 pm

I left a 3 x ACE Discraft Z MRV (LOTS of Neil ACE artwork on the back) on Hole 3 during the Battle at the Barracks. I realized it was missing a hole later and went back for it. It was nowhere to be found. A group of casuals was behind us and they said they didnt have it after they had played the hole. I really hope it is up in a tree or hiding from me. Damn, I loved that disc...it was in my bag for 10+ years...I really hope the kids behind us weren't trying to fleece me...the world may never know
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Oh boy, I am hoping for the best...

Postby discdoh on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Well, as it turns out, the kids behind us DID pick up the disc and were simply lying to me about it. I am not surprised. My group was wondering why they were taking so long to come down the hill from Hole 5s teepad. We were waiting to ask them if they had picked it up. I think I figured out why...they had taken a Sharpie and completely colored in the backside of the disc to cover up all of the ACE artwork that was there. They tried to creatively leave their names ("Mike + Angie"), a herbal leaf symbol, and a peace sign like a negative exposure where their was no writing beforehand. It was painfully obvious what they were trying to hide. Fortunately, they lost the disc on Hole 13 later in the round, I am assuming, and Atti found it for me during the Nooner. Thank You, Atti! My advice to the kids would be to NOT leave your name on stolen merchandise, because now I know what you look like and your name! Good ole' acetone took the majority of the freshly applied Sharpie off, only leaving the previous ACE artwork and a slight reminder (you can never get all of it off) of the culprits handiwork...I guess I will never forget who they are! It's good to have my trusty MRV back, no matter how ugly she may now be!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Oh boy, I am hoping for the best...

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm sure Karma will take care of "Mike and Angie" soon enough when Angie cheats on Mike with Dave and then Angie gets pregnant with Dave's kid, but Dave leaves her for Shelly and says the kid is Mike's. Mike doesn't believe it until a paternity test proves it, but he's already met a crazy girl named Robin who...

Well, anyhow... glad you got it back. :lol:
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Lost Discs