Stolen right in front of 6 guys at JB

lose your disc? leave one behind? post it up in here...

Stolen right in front of 6 guys at JB

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Some shady looking lowlife teens in a silver minivan cruised right up the road on the fairway by hole 4 at J.B. on Sunday during the second round of the "Save the Ta-Ta's" tourney, one jumped out, grabbed my disc right off the fairway, jumped back in the van and drove off laughing.

The disc was an orange Discraft Force (Z plastic). It has my wife's name, Becca, on the bottom with our phone number.

The park rangers and police have taken a report and will be watching. YOU should be watching too. If you see a silver, American made minivan cruising around the course with some late teen boys, keep you eye on them. If you catch them, bust their damn heads.

I'll be looking for it at Play It Again Sports this week and I will make them give it back to me. :evil:
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: Stolen right in front of 6 guys at JB

Postby zakski on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:22 pm

So let me get this straight, you filed a plice report over a 15$ piece of plastic. Wow! I really hope the police didn have an actual problem to deal with while you were trying to chase down your 15$
zakski
Bogey Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:31 pm

I believe the point of getting the police involved allows them to 'nip it in the bud' before it escalates to more severe acts of vandalism. Stupid displays of this nature can also expose the villains to police inspection that may uncover other ill-gotten possessions.
Zakski, please remember it is the act and not the value that is the focus here.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:14 pm

That's exactly the point I was going to make, Chris.

I've been invoved in local neighborhood watch groups and the St. Louis City Board of Aldermans in the past and it has always been repeated, over and over again, "You have to report everything, every time, whenever there is a recurring problem... it builds a tracable history and helps the police watch for patterns."

I'm not the only person that's had this happen, not even the only one who's posted it in these forums. The hope is, that patrols will increase and the guilty will eventually be caught - probably with other stolen items in their possession. When/if they do get caught, then the police have enough history to make a solid case that allows a judge to actually sentence them instead of letting them walk.

Another strong consideration is where this all leads. Young people, like these guys, start off with small stuff like snatching frisbee's and spray-painting graffiti. Soon enough, the buzz of the petty crap wears off and they need something bigger to feel alive - so they move on to breaking into cars. Then, that wears off and it's armed robbery and burglery... They have to be stopped before it get's to that - not just for the publics benefit, but for their own.

Does that make sense?
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby krazykarl on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Sounds like the makings of a good movie.
krazykarl
Bogey Poster

Return to Lost Discs