Scott Patterson 1
John McHan 1
Greg Van Horn 1

Thank you
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: 2010 Membership Drive

Postby STARFIRE on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Looks like Chris K. will be winning these baskets...
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:46 am

STARFIRE wrote:Looks like Chris K. will be winning these baskets...

Looks that way.
Do all 2010 members receive a raffle ticket or is it just the people that signed up after a certain point. Why are a club officials rewarding themselves for doing their job.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:22 pm

The drive is open to all members to bring new members. All you have to do is ask if they are River City Flyer members yet, and ask them to join us. It is not the board's job to bring in new members; it is our job as members to bring in new members. That money is for your courses. I could use your help. Our target is 1000 members by August 1st. That is a lot of raffle tickets up for grabs.
If we work together to raise this money, everyone wins. I would appreciate your support to make this a better club and improve our courses. If any of you would like tags to have on hand, let me know.
The membership drive started March 1st. We may have the basket raffle as an additional benefit of membership for the 2011 fiscal year which starts at the Club Championships.
If you have other questions or concerns, please call me at 314-583-3340. Thanks again for your support.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:39 am

Chris K wrote:The drive is open to all members to bring new members. All you have to do is ask if they are River City Flyer members yet, and ask them to join us. It is not the board's job to bring in new members; it is our job as members to bring in new members. That money is for your courses. I could use your help. Our target is 1000 members by August 1st. That is a lot of raffle tickets up for grabs.
If we work together to raise this money, everyone wins. I would appreciate your support to make this a better club and improve our courses.

Thanks for explaining how to sell a membership. You are a great diplomat and a wonderful ambassador for the sport. I wonder if you think I'm not helping because I don't announce it or send out mass e-mails? I support the club not bad ideas.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:42 am

66 Mark Herron 452 Tim Conlon
67 Michael Woosley 457 Tim Finan
68 James Neff 343 Tim Conlon
69 Jarrod Martin 340 Tim Finan
70 Nate Speer 463 Ben Hart
71 Chris Horvath 464 Greg Kuehn
72 Brandon Mueller 465 Pascal Galmiche
73 Jeff Merry 432 Bob Waidmann
74 Pete Kahn 409 Mark Dude
75 Eric Twedell 216 Chris K
76 Bill Nelson 376 Red Keenan
77 Josh Henson 424 Matt Augustin
78 Bradley Stone 425 Matt Augustin
79 Ryan Walker 426 Matt Augustin

To all of you who have tags that are sold, please get them to me this week so they are added to the raffle. The drawing for the first basket is this Sunday at Creve Coeur at the Awards Ceremony. Thank you to everyone who has brought in new members and thereby raised money for our golf courses. The membership drive is far from over so please continue to promote our purpose and ask people to join us.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am

HITMAN wrote:
Chris K wrote:The drive is open to all members to bring new members. All you have to do is ask if they are River City Flyer members yet, and ask them to join us. It is not the board's job to bring in new members; it is our job as members to bring in new members. That money is for your courses. I could use your help. Our target is 1000 members by August 1st. That is a lot of raffle tickets up for grabs.
If we work together to raise this money, everyone wins. I would appreciate your support to make this a better club and improve our courses.

Thanks for explaining how to sell a membership. You are a great diplomat and a wonderful ambassador for the sport. I wonder if you think I'm not helping because I don't announce it or send out mass e-mails? I support the club not bad ideas.

I do what I can to promote disc golf and the club. The more people we get to join means more money to put into our courses. This is not the only way to raise money but it's the way I chose. Since the drive began (March 1st) we have raised $800 and have 80 new members. That is 80 new circles of influence and experience and a wealth of potential volunteers and sponsors. The work is light when we can divide the load. The cost is minimal when everyone chips in. It makes sense to me that people who play disc golf, naturally want to help and support disc golf. $20 is a bargain when you start with a good cause and add a bag tag, putter, ace pool, club inventory, sweet courses and a chance for 2 baskets.
All I'm asking is that you and every member also help the club raise money. Invite people to join us. The handouts are nice because the newbie can have something to look at and read later.
Our courses need TLC and new construction. Disc golf is expanding so we are also raising money to install 18 baskets in a new or existing park. We have not received approval but I want the Park Departments to want us in their parks. I want to make our parks better and have disc golfers embrace the fact that they are the caretakers of the parks. When we pick up trash, the whole neighborhood gets a facelift. The more people in our club mean more players are giving back to the sport.
Selling memberships seemed liked the easiest way for each of us to chip in and get the job done.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby HITMAN on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:29 am

Chris K wrote:
HITMAN wrote:

I do what I can to promote disc golf and the club. The more people we get to join means more money to put into our courses. This is not the only way to raise money but it's the way I chose. Since the drive began (March 1st) we have raised $800 and have 80 new members. That is 80 new circles of influence and experience and a wealth of potential volunteers and sponsors. The work is light when we can divide the load. The cost is minimal when everyone chips in. It makes sense to me that people who play disc golf, naturally want to help and support disc golf. $20 is a bargain when you start with a good cause and add a bag tag, putter, ace pool, club inventory, sweet courses and a chance for 2 baskets.
All I'm asking is that you and every member also help the club raise money. Invite people to join us. The handouts are nice because the newbie can have something to look at and read later.
Our courses need TLC and new construction. Disc golf is expanding so we are also raising money to install 18 baskets in a new or existing park. We have not received approval but I want the Park Departments to want us in their parks. I want to make our parks better and have disc golfers embrace the fact that they are the caretakers of the parks. When we pick up trash, the whole neighborhood gets a facelift. The more people in our club mean more players are giving back to the sport.
Selling memberships seemed liked the easiest way for each of us to chip in and get the job done.

Thanks. Now I know how to sell a membership and the benefits of it. If you wouldn't have explained this I may never have known.
HITMAN
Par Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:15 pm

Funny
Chris K
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion