River City Flyers *Elections*

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: St. Louis Disc Golf Club Board Elections

Postby STARFIRE on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:32 pm

We should have a few promoters not involved with the board. A group of people whose main objective is to gain more attendance at events and hopefully aquire new members as well. These people should have flyers, club memberships, info, etc. promoting any and all RCF events in our area.

This club will see 500 members one day...and I think with the right strategies we could possibly have close to a thousand active members. I was told that there's over 10,000 disc golfers in St. Louis, we should be able to get 10% of that!
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Re: River City Flyers *Elections*

Postby discdork on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:29 pm

is there anyone who works in mass media like papers, tv, radio who could possibly get us coverage for a membership drive?
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby raymandisc on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 pm

OK, who's running for what? I think we have Jeff Irwin for President, Bob Waidmann for Vice Pres, Steve Kleiber for Treasurer. After that I don't know. Any new people? :mrgreen:
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 pm

I am running for Operations if there are three positions open, if only two are available, I am running for Secretary. I believe the officers are still debating how many positions they want for "Operations."
Dan Doke
aka gottagothrow
aka DD
aka hey you.
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby discer1 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:40 pm

this is to all the people who whine and moan about every little problem there is in a local tourney.. if you dont like the way its being done then step up to the plate and help.disc golf is a volunteer (spell check)sport and if nobody helps then it does not quite work the way we want.well the way i see it if you want to have a nice well run tourney "HELP OUT"things like tell every disc golfer you know to help out with a tourney to make it run better,like picking up trash,cleaning up hole areas like UNGER needs it,print out the flyers for the tourney and spread the word dont just leave it up to jeff ,or ray ,bob w you get the idea.my point is give a little bit of your time then maybe we can have better run tourneys..so quit complaining and HELP.i know people rather play than help run a tourney but sometimes we have to make choice to help out anyway you get the idea i hope . so help out ......................
hey if i can play anyone can...........
discer1
Bogey Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Dan Doke is a great man. I don't know you well Dan, but you would have my vote if you were running for dictator. Thanks for everything you have done for the club thus far. Maybe one day I could step up; still to selfish for now though. Work and school......work and school.......work and school......I can only hope to fill the gaps with rounds of disc golf.

It's not just the sport, it's the people you meet. I love Disc Golf.

Poker is fun too.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 pm

I am running for President of the RCF.

Most of you know me in one way or another. I have served on the board for the past year and see a number of areas that need improvement and support. My styles of play are one of cooperation, respect, adherence to the rules, camaraderie and cheer for the other guy, hold my temper and do the right thing.

What I want for the Club is:

To make the board transparent and approachable to the members,
To be proactive and inform members through email blasts of events and news,
To invite member’s opinions through email conversations regarding board discussions,
To create a steering committee to help guide the President (me),
To encourage members to help the Club by giving them specific tasks (Help me sign in players or count cards between rounds or help sell discs, etc.),
To create a system of checks and balances regarding inventory, tournaments and record keeping,
To publish a profit and loss statement quarterly,
To speed up board meetings by discussing topics online prior to the meeting,
To encourage members to pre-register for events,
To implement the Adopt-a-hole Program at Unger Park,
To get more trash cans in all the parks,
To improve our image from nuisance to asset,
To embrace our brother/sister Clubs and they us,
To create a code of ethics for our members,
To form an alliance/partnership with other Clubs within a 4 hour drive,

We have a lot of work ahead of us this year and will need all the help we can get. This is your Club to be proud of. To support our efforts in growing the sport of disc golf and improving the courses we play on as well as giving back to our community.

Thanks for your support and your vote,

Chris Kinsella
314-583-3340
crkinsella@charter.net
PDGA# 21342
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby clane on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Put me in the running for one of the At Large/Operations positions. This seems like a great way to make the club better for all of us. I have a variety of contacts in lots of different areas, and a background in sales (and other things) which comes in handy from time to time.

What we do at its most basic level is a hell of a lot of fun, but to take it to the next level will take work from all of us, and I want to do what I can.
Tag #204
clane
Par Poster

Postby ShaneC on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 am

I see all these people saying how they will do this and that for the club what I want to know is what are you people that are running going to do for disc golf in St. Charles county? Everybody seems to want to deal with the parks on the other side of the river. We (ridge runners) would like to know what if anything the people running will do for St. Charles. We are over 100 people strong on a tues night league and are this close to starting our own club. Does the RCF want to loose that many people to a new club? You guys better get some heads together and show us (ridge runners) some love or you can take the 100x20 bucks out of your budget that you get from our side of the river.

The email fighting thats going on rite now is out of hand. We have eric trying to run for a possition when hes been kicked out of how many leagues and banned from the parks????? really?????? didnt this guy punch someone out in Quail ridge? Hasnt he been caught cheating a few times???? Really????? You guys want votes but you resort to name calling???? Really?????

You all need to take a page out of Magic's book on how to run things!!!!!!! No I aint kissing ass but who else out there can run a weekly league that pulls in over 100 people every week???? and get this we start on time evertime every week...........I have been to rcf events and they cant even start on time with 30 people showing up and whats up with a 5 day notice on a tourny come on thats just wrong.

if you want my vote you better have a plan for St. Charles parks. Ridge runners wont put up with being put on the back burnner any more!
ShaneC
Bogey Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:42 am

With over 100 people, I think it sounds like St. Charles needs their own disc golf club. You already have a great name, St. Charles Ridge Runners. And, just like the Southern Illinois Chain Gang and Jefferson County Sharpshooters members have joined the RCF, Ridge Runners will continue to join the RCF too.

We can have seperate clubs and still co-exist, Ridge Runners just won't have the (established) credibility our club has when approaching park's departments for projects like new courses. You also would not have the benefit of our merchandise for league payouts. However, by selling memberships, you can start to generate teh revenue needed to stock your own inventory.

The Ridge Runners have more of a vested interest in St. Charles parks because they are the ones that play there all the time, unlike the RCF board/members. I think there is interest from the members, but there is no one willing to "drive the train." All it takes is the decision from a hand full of guys that say they are going to do it and facilitate making it happen.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion