2014 Board Positions

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

2014 Board Positions

Postby dtwest57 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:02 am

RCF Members,

The Club Championship, which is happening this weekend, is the time when we have elections for the next year. We are one of the biggest disc golf clubs in the nation and thanks to all of you we are growing the number of courses in the area and are growing our sport. Being a board member is an important role as we are volunteering to represent the entire membership. None of the existing board members will serve forever so our club needs to regularly bring in new board members. If you have interest in serving on the board, please let me or one of the board members know - our contact info is on the club website.

Here are the current board roles and the names of the people running for the positions:

President - Dave West
Vice President - Greg Dohogne
Treasurer - Joe Jaegers
Secretary - Rebekah Kersey
Merchandise - Bob Waidmann
Membership - Chris Kinsella
Creative Director - Daniel Doss
Promotions - Kyle Breuer
Website - Isaiah and Joel Vaught

Since we have no competition for these roles this year, we will not have a ballot this weekend, unless we hear something different in the next few days.

Besides these roles, we have course captains regularly attend our meetings (e.g., Francis Albanese - SP, Mark Dudenhoeffer - JB). We will be meeting on the second Monday of the month at 6:30pm at the Sports Cafe in Bridgeton (at 270 and 70). Any member is welcome to attend our meetings.

- Dave West
dtwest57
Bogey Poster

Re: 2014 Board Positions

Postby Chris K on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:46 pm

I would add that every board position could use some depth. That is, someone to help fill gaps and act as an assistant.
As an example; we need someone who will attend events and be the 'go to' guy to ask players to join the club. This same person asks players to get on our email list whether or not they are ready to join the club.
It doesn't have to be the same person at every event but it helps. For years, I was that guy. My situation has changed and I can not make a lot of events now.
Consider stepping up and volunteering for the club. We are not perfect and could use more help to become a better club. Assistants are a low pressure way to get your feet wet in the drowning waters of disc golf politics:)
Course Captains need help on work days, moving baskets and keeping an eye on things. Not to mention picking up trash.
Tournament Directors need help registering players, setting up displays, adding up cards, running an errand, etc.
Merchandise Manager needs help watching the store and completing transactions.
Sometimes a fresh idea on a recurring problem will do the trick.
You've heard the saying, 'Many hands make light work'. We could use a few more hands.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion