Sioux36? Wilmore? The plan of attack...

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Sioux36? Wilmore? The plan of attack...

Postby discdoh on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:30 am

Get ready folks...

This summer is shaping up to be epic in terms of disc golf installations. If all goes as planned, we should have an additional 36 holes on this side of the river very soon. First and foremost, Sioux Passage is getting the deluxe treatment from Francis Albenese and all of his volunteers. I promise that I will make it out one of these Sundays...

"Re: Work Days For NEW 18 Holes
by scorekeeper on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:16 am

Hello to all
As you all know work on the new course has been good BUT in a club with over 300 members one would think WE could be farther along.
With only a few people showing up we have been able to get a lot done with only 175 man hours logged to date.
With that said , here is a brief list of what is still needed to be done on the Front Nine
Hole 1 needs tee pad / sign
Hole 2 needs tiee pad /sign
Hole 3 needs tee pad / sign
Hole 4 needs about 6 hours of clean up a tee pad /sign
Hole 5 needs tee pad /sign
Hole 6 needs about 4 hours of clean up a tee pad / sign
Hole 7 needs a set of steps to get up and down the gully a tee pad / sign
Hole 8 still needs about 20 man hours to finish clearing the fairway 2 pin sleeves a tee pad /sign
Hole 9 will need about 50 man hours a mando sign a pin sleeve a tee pad /sign
Now ,a wise man once said to me , There are those who will help and those who will never help
If you as a member of this fine club ever asked your self What can i do to Help. Now is the time to step up.
Be a part of this growing sport that WE ALL ENJOY and donate some time to make this happen.
Once the Front Nine is ready to play We will be holding a Big course tournament with a Final nine on the NEW NINE so everyone can see it and play it together
THERE will not be any play on this course until that time .NEW is NEW and NO ONE gets special treatment when the scorekeeper is in charge
PLEASE find time to put down your disc bag and pick up some hand tools if only for a few hours on sunday
We have been meeting at 9 am to play either the front 9 or the back 9 before we work
Work starts at 10 am ish Hope to see you there Francis and his work krewe"

All I have to say is "hell yeah". :D Let's get er done...

Wilmore Park will very quickly follow the completion of Sioux36. The baskets are ready to go, so grab some gloves and let's knock it out. I have helped many times in the past, and I gotta say, nothing beats a nice birdie on a hole that you helped create. This Sunday will feature a voucher(s) good for a disc of choice and a Dri-Fit shirt...Francis can figure out how to give it away (R.O.F., CTP, "Sweatiest Award", etc.).
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Re: Sioux36? Wilmore? The plan of attack...

Postby scorekeeper on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:09 pm

And the disc of choice goes to Steve Kleiber
The dri fit goes to the most dedicated worker of them all Betty
Betty has worked every work day and she doesn't even play disc golf
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2014 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Re: Sioux36? Wilmore? The plan of attack...

Postby scorekeeper on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:15 am

Willmore is in where is the help for Sioux Passage ?

Work and play any Sunday you want !

Time to step up bradas :shock: :o OUT !
MKPH #1 KREWE in STL. R .C. F. 2014 TAG # 411
Illinois Chain Gang # ?
FUN METER #1
scorekeeper
Birdie Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion