WHO IS TOMMY WADE....?

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

WHO IS TOMMY WADE....?

Postby Lazerface on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Attention STL disc golfers.

Do you know Tommy Wade?
I found 6 discs in an open area near my house which is miles from the nearest course. They were sitting plainly in the middle of a common ground area surrounded by houses, and had a nice layer of ice on top of them. I called the phone # on the discs (same on all) and the young woman who answered informed me I had the wrong number and hung up. I left the discs there for over a week due to the sheer confusion of the situation. Went back out today and there they were. Judging by the number of aces written on the discs and the location of my home I'm going to guess Tommy frequents White Birch. Anyway, not sure if foul play is involved, but I searched the area for stragglers, and the discs are clear of tracking devices, so it remains a mystery to me.

If you know Tommy post something here. I would post my phone number but I'm pretty pranoid right now and I'm not trying to invite any stragglers....know what I mean :shock: .................................... :lol:
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Re: WHO IS TOMMY WADE....?

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am

Wierd. I've found a Tommy Wade disc before too. Had the same response from the phone number. It's been a while though.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Lazerface on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 pm

It is weird. I know that no disc golfer, especailly the kind who documents aces on there disc, would be so careless to leave 6 perfectly good (some newer) discs out in the middle of a field. I should probably post this in the lost and found forum. My original thought was it would get more views here. I will copy this post.
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:43 am

I'm pretty sure Tommy Wade played in one of the White Birch Thurs. night leagues last year........&, I'm also pretty sure I found one of his discs out at Sioux & gave it back to him. He was a younger kid.......& that's about all I can tell you......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion