Thanks Steve, for starting the candidacy announcements.
Hello - I am Dave West (# 752) – I will run for President of RCF.
Disc Golf Resume
• Treasurer of RCF for the past year. Setup a 2011budget and measured progress against the budget every month. Detailed treasurer reports and accounting of our funds. Regular attendance at the board meetings. A desire to help our sport and our club.
• Have played in the Hazelwood Disc Golf League since 1981
• Have kept stats for the Hazelwood league for most of the 30+ years
• Designed the Effingham Disc Golf Course - 2002
• Have been a tournament TD for the Annual Effingham Disc Tournament since 2002 (come play there on Sept 24th!)
• Co-TD of Creve Coeur for STL Open – 2011
My Viewpoints and Style
• I am a definite 'delegator'. If someone has a job, I stay out of it and expect they will do the job - and I am grateful they are doing the role.
• Course Captains are critical. They should help identify TD’s for events at their course
• Named TD’s should have control of the tournament they are running; We need volunteer TD’s!
• The board members should be very involved in the STL Open and the Club Championships
• If no TD steps forward 6 weeks prior to a tournament, we cancel the event
• We are fortunate to have Gateway in St. Louis; Let’s work well together
What Can I Bring to the Role?
• Disc Golf Experience for 30+ years
• Past experience as Committee Chair of a 60 person Scout Troop
• Past experience on a neighborhood association board
• My ability to converse with authorities (e.g., city and park officials)
• My ability to present topics and ideas
• My ability to lead and collaborate (my work has given me many leadership experiences over the past 30 years; I presently lead a 100+ person team at Monsanto)
My Short Term Goals for the Club (next 6 months)
• Get the volunteers back; get the TD’s back running their own styles of tournaments
• Understand what the membership wants – everyone – ams and pros
• Revisit Bridgeton – timing is getting better as tornado cleanup is winding down
• Work with STL County to revise our agreements; have them give us some credit for volunteer course labor; See if we can get Creve Coeur mowed more often and more thoroughly
My Long Term Goals for the Club (1-5 years)
• See if we can measure-up and host a major PDGA event – like a World’s
• Find opportunities for positive press for the club and the sport
• Find more sponsors for our events (e.g., added cash for the winners)
What I Need from You
• Volunteers. Board members (VP and Treasurer). TD’s. Open minds. Collaboration.
I look forward to working with you and for you in the future - thanks,