St. Louis region Penta-Discathon

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

St. Louis region Penta-Discathon

Postby mkane on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Fellow disc golfers, it is here, it is game on! For the next few weeks, St. Louis will be an absolute Hot Bed for disc golfers. Take a gander at this information, and tell your friends and fellow disc golfers about the next five weeks. Your disc golf clubs and organizations have created something special for the competitive golfers at all levels a regular penta disc-athon!

OK picture this….You are a very good golfer(in your own mind of course), but be serious you know you can beat a lot of people. It really is in your best interest to look at these options and decide the best way to CRUSH your opponent. Or to just get a chance to experience 5 different tournament experiences in FIVE weeks.

Week 1 – Sunday July 24, 2011 The CREVE COEUR CRUSHER

For 2011
You are going to play a course that will challenge the player with longer shots, a much higher par @ 68. These scores 60’s, 70’s & even 80’s are gonna happen. But it is a good start, everyone wants to see how they rate against Creve Coeur.

This is a Sunday Round – 8:30 Sign in – 10am Tee
It will be hot, I am hoping Ben will pull off the grass cut miracle at the lake!

Week 2 – Sunday July 31st 2011 MATCH PLAY
This is also a Sunday Round – 7:30 Sign in – 9am Round 1 begins

Match Play will be conducted on three separate 9 hole set ups. The front and back at Sioux and another setup custom. This format is double elimination.

Week 3 – Sunday August 7th 2011 EXTREME

But if that is not enough, the next week it is time to go extreme:

The Southern Illinois Chain Gang Disc Golf Club Presents
EXTREME 2011
Disc Golf Tournament
ALL PINS WILL BE IN THEIR
MOST EXTREME PLACEMENT.
ALL TEES FROM CONCRETE BLUE
POSITION
The pin placements will be moved to their “X” positions for this event
only. Do not miss your chance to play this par 72 layout. A highly technical
layout features extreme hazards on 8000’ of tight fairways.
Two rounds of 18 holes
Lunch will be provided
Entry Fee: $20.00 for Professional, $15.00 for Amateur Divisions
All divisions offered based on attendance and Tournament Director’s
discretion.
DATE: SUNDAY, AUGUST 7TH, 2011
Schedule: Registration ENDS and players meeting begins at 8:45 a.m., first
round starts at 9:00 A.M. Second round starts approximately 1:30
For information contact poleholer@yahoo.com

Week 4 – Saturday August 14th 2011 RIDGERUNNER OPEN

So we are 4 weeks in now, now it is time to play – play. PDGA C-Tier is next.
LS Discs hosts the Ridgerunner Open :
Where: Quail Ridge, Wentzville, MO
Time: Sign in 8-9:30
Tee off: 10:00
Cost: All Pro Divisions - $45
All Am Divisions - $35
Ace Fund-$3
$5 off registration if it’s paid by Thursday August 11th
Flex start doubles on Friday 2-6pm
-Am Teams - $20 per team (100% merch payout)
-Pro Teams - $20 per team (100% cash payout)
Event capped at 100 players & every Am will receive a player pack.
At least $200 added to Pro Division payouts and cash also added to all Ams payout.
*Add $10 for non-PDGA members*
Register at www.lsdiscs.net or by phone.

So Actually you will have 2 weeks to Join the PDGA and Don’t forget pre-register and save Five Bucks.

Now can you tell me you little brain is vibrating, you got all these ADD thoughts wondering what your gonna play and you just wish I would just stop writing about you and finish the post. I can and will in just a moment, after I tell you that this is about you, the club members who come to events, put the time in to see if they can help out a little, bring a case of water, or a big 5 gallon cooler that we can use in this hot weather. It is nice that we can hold these events, and nicer when we have interested people involved, Not super M. Kane write a book excited, just excited enough to know this is a lot of events. Enough that you are willing to drop a constructive post on the web site that will make each event better. The TD’s, the volunteers, you are why we can make this happen, Thank you all so much…….

Week 5 – August 20-21 2011 GDGT Endicott Open

Now here is the Big Event everyone needs to consider IF:
1. You can play two days.
2. You think, you can beat everyone in the World!
3. You think you are capable of pre-registering at the PDGA Site.
4. And it is gonna be a bit more expensive.

Check this out and you tell me if you like; The GDGT @ Endicott will actually be a simultaneous tournament. The Endicott open is a B-tier at the local level; where the score is the determining factor. But this is also a on the global level, we are talking about the Players Rating determining the outcome. There will be 2 payouts The local level and the global level. St. Louis is the only area in this region holding it so get on the Duece Train and check this event out.

So in conclusion, unless you are an absolute disc golf junky you really need to figure out what tourneys you want to play.

Ask yourself, do I want to play PDGA events? Can I make a Two-Day event or a one-day event.

On the club events, we have three wonderful clubs involved, (and a forth willing, I would lay down money on) The RCF is doing the Crusher, Match Play and the GDGT tourney.

So. Ill Chain Gang is putting on the Extreme

The St. Charles DGC will be assisting Lars at Quail ridge.

So think about it and then say, Jesus did I just read all that!?

And then get you budget in order so you can choose what you can afford to play.!
mkane
Ace Poster

Re: St. Louis region Penta-Discathon

Postby mkane on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 pm

From here I will go to the threads now, todays post will be on the GDGT,
Check it out.

I will also start to lay down the Week One: Creve Coeur Crusher info after I meet with the Harts.
You can always play Creve Tonight Wed Night Doubles!
mkane
Ace Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion