Demonstration in Washington Mo.

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Postby slippy on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 pm

I've been starting to work on getting a course in my area. Washington is looking good but (there is always a but) no one knows what disc golf really is. I have talked to the park director and he has okayed a day of golf at a certain park. I have a location and a start of a design. I think I have a connection to 3 baskets but would need 6 more (yes it would only be a 9 hole course). My idea is maybe having a tag shuffle with 2 rounds making it 18 and maybe charging 5 to 10 bucks a person only to show how money can be generated to start a course. The money would be given to the parks dept. for a course and a course only.

Remember this would be a demonstration so the parks dept. could see how disc golf is played. I need to figure a date out but it needs to be soon. If they like what they see they will most likely take Gateway's bid to design an 18 hole course in washington. Would anyone be able to help?
slippy
Par Poster

Postby emptv on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Disc Up Slippy,
This is great news, as I know you have been trying to get something like this out that-a-way for a while. You know the LAKERS are good for help. I have a 2 or 3 baskets and the rest of the LAKERS can round up enough to get you what you need, if no one else can get you any. Let us know a time/date, you know we are good to go on Sundays but we can work a Saturday in for something like this.
2 bad weekend dates for me are the weekend of Bowling Green Ams (April 1,2,3) :o and the weekend of the Southern Kentucky Disc Golf Championships (May 21,22), :shock: but if you did it on one of those dates I will get my baskets to you before I leave town.

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
emptv
Ace Poster

Re: Demonstration in Washington Mo.

Postby STARFIRE on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:18 am

The Sharpshooters might be able to lend a hand as well.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby slippy on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks both of you. I'll put more details up soon.
slippy
Par Poster

Postby slippy on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Well I think we are back to square one. The director ended up getting a new job offer out of state and took it at the last min. Now we have to start all over. Thank You Josh Pedersen.
slippy
Par Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion