Fliers/Business Cards?

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Fliers/Business Cards?

Postby REDARMY on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:17 am

In short, are there any STLDGC/RCF materials that us members can pass out around local courses?

It looks like a great gig has been started here, so what can i do to get myself/other people more involved?

(I used to be part of the st. louis prelude club and we had business cards to pass around; that never generated many returns, but i imagine there are several orders of magnitude more dg'ers in st. louis than prelude owners. ;) )
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Re: Fliers/Business Cards?

Postby irwinje on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:36 pm

RedArmy,
We don't have anything like that at this moment, though business cards wouldn't necessairly be a bad idea. I could see the webiste on one side and a list of contacts/courses on the other. Might be worth looking into.
Though, we do have all of our information on the scorecards at local courses. The best thing you can do is encourage your (non-discin') friends to join you for a round and try to get them interested in the sport. Direct them to our website and see of they pick it up. I almost always have deiscs and tags with me so whenever people see me they can ask for membership applications, discs and tags.
Regards,
Jeff I.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:02 am

irwinje wrote:Though, we do have all of our information on the scorecards at local courses.
Regards,
Jeff I.

i haven't seen any info or scorecards at white birch, sioux, or creve coeur from the stldgc/rcf'ers, ...so i think were kinda after the same thing here.

word of mouth only goes so far. something tangible people can stick in their bags/pockets and have a url to look at later i think will pay dividends a couple times over.

a few hundred business cards is what, $40, $50 bucks? granted i'm not doing my part to contribute yet by paying club dues, but i think this idea has merit.

EDIT: someone did gve me a stack of endicott scorecards at rockspring that had the info on there...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:01 am

irwinje wrote:RedArmy,
business cards wouldn't necessairly be a bad idea.

I agree.

I think we need t-shirts that show our logo on the front and all our courses on the back. A club shirt that could be sold with memberships for an extra 10 dollars. Also, I'm sure many of the current members wouldn't mind having one. They could be used for prizes at tournaments, etc. I'd buy a t-shirt and a hoodie with our logo on 'em. It would be a good idea for extra advertising...Maybe even patches that could be glued/sewed/ironed on to your bag.

Selling a limited number of tournament t-shirts(RCF events, not PDGA) would be another good idea. Like a Winter Series t-shirt that shows all the events. Only on the bigger events that we hold each year such as the Triple Crown, Brubex Open, Club Championships, Ridge Runner would be a cool one and also one for Unger sometime this year to memorialize it's first year of play or installation date.

Just a few ideas that I've been thinking about.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:26 pm

STARFIRE wrote:I think we need t-shirts that show our logo on the front and all our courses on the back. A club shirt that could be sold with memberships for an extra 10 dollars. Also, I'm sure many of the current members wouldn't mind having one. They could be used for prizes at tournaments, etc. I'd buy a t-shirt and a hoodie with our logo on 'em. It would be a good idea for extra advertising...Maybe even patches that could be glued/sewed/ironed on to your bag

Tee shirts should be available shortly. I was thinking about a Winter Series tee also, like a concert tee with all the dates listed. I also want to do one for stldg. We'll see what I can come up with. Anyone that wants to submit a t-shirt design, feel free. If we get enough submissions we can have a drawing and the winner gets their design on the shirts.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion