New Tee Signs - Info & Reservation

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: New Tee Signs - Info & Reservation

Postby REDARMY on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 am

knew this a long time ago, just glad that someone else with a little more clout is finally saying it as well.

sucks that you are losing out on your part of the contribution to st. louis disc golf (and maybe a few bucks on the side) Jeff, but i'll be the first (well, second) to say i am NOT surprised.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:17 am

Thanks Mike,
I appreciate that, but since you aren't a PAYING member, you're opinion just doesn't matter.
Thanks anyway,
Jeff
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby mkane on Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

To all members,
The decision not use Jeff in this project was not Chris's decision alone. In fact, I had to review the facts objectively and ultimately present the facts to the board. My findings were very painful; but objectivity, consideration and respect must be present to collaborate effectively. Unfortunately, both Chris and Jeff let their personal feelings get in the way and the result was not going to benefit club members. I regret that the great idea initiated by Jeff Irwin for tee signs did not turn out the way Jeff had anticipated. I personally called Jeff and spoke to him directly and personally, rather than an e-mail, text or use of this forum. SLIK, a group of collaborators for the improvement of disc golf in the St. Louis Region, has taken on the project.
Thank You,
Mark Kane
VP St. Louis Disc Golf Club
mkane
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:11 pm

At the rate our sponsors are begging to throw money at us we might have this project completed by 2020! Why are we making this so difficult? The signs cost $15 each with the majority of the cost from designing them being offered for free. Why won't the club just release some funds and get this project completed?

I've never liked the idea of having sponsorships cluttering up the look of the sign. Make every one of them consistent with as much info you can put about our club on there without making them look like crap. That alone in advertising is worth more then the $1000 it will cost to make them.

Many people know that Jeff and I have had our differences, so I'm certainly not trying to suck up to anyone. I just believe that it is in the clubs interest to have new tee signs installed with thousands of dollars in graphic designing being offered for free.

I would love for the board members to prove me wrong and sell these 72 signs at $100 each for a profit of $6120. I would also like to know where that money is going...
magic
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Majic,
I cannot disagree with you. I played golf today with players that all watch the board. I get all kinds of questions ask of me, as if I am in the knowing. One specific today, why don't the club members have access to the financial reporting so they personally can see where there money is going, at least where and how the money is being spent? I and other club members believe a club should have the financial reports so all club members can see where there money is going and, so they can make an educated decision as to whether they want to truly be part of this organization.

Note: If not a club member this is not your forum to comment on. Club members welcome.

thanks,
Active club member
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 pm

rondisc wrote:Majic,
I cannot disagree with you. I played golf today with players that all watch the board. I get all kinds of questions ask of me, as if I am in the knowing. One specific today, why don't the club members have access to the financial reporting so they personally can see where there money is going, at least where and how the money is being spent? I and other club members believe a club should have the financial reports so all club members can see where there money is going and, so they can make an educated decision as to whether they want to truly be part of this organization.

Note: If not a club member this is not your forum to comment on. Club members welcome.

thanks,
Active club member

well, tough beans ron.

unless and until someone suspends my account, i'll still post on here.

perhaps i'll pony up in october...
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby corey uhle on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Last edited by corey uhle on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corey uhle

Postby discdoh on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Honestly, guys, let's not get out of control here. Chris has always stated that the money made from this project was going towards general course improvements. I'm not sure were all of this BS about where the funds were headed and if Chris was planning on pocketing money started. It's unfounded and completely incorrect. I do agree that his plan for $100 sponsorships was a bit much, but that doesn't make him a thief.

We are still getting the signs made for "free" by SLIK for the same cost. This fact doesn't change. I really liked Jeff's design and thought they would look B.A. at all of the courses. I am sure SLIK will do a fine job as well. The space for the sponsorship logos will still remain small and attractive. We are not trying to piss off the parks department by trashing up their land with a bunch of billboards.

With that said, I personally feel that this whole debacle can be blamed on both sides equally. I was getting extremely tired of my e-mail inbox blowing up with the constant e-mails going back and forth. I had even asked to be removed from the discussion...I just want this thing to be done and over with.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:47 am

Well I had posted a comment on this whole situation, then I thought........what the hell does my two cents matter, anyway, even IF I am a current, paying member?? :roll:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 am

discdoh wrote:With that said, I personally feel that this whole debacle can be blamed on both sides equally. I was getting extremely tired of my e-mail inbox blowing up with the constant e-mails going back and forth. I had even asked to be removed from the discussion...I just want this thing to be done and over with.

To blame any part of this on me is unfair, disrespectful and irresponsible. I had an idea and brought it to the president of this (not-for-profit) club for support and to help raise awareness of the program. Then, he steals my idea and tries to turn it into a revenue stream. So, I stand up against him because he wants to gouge our members that already fund everything this club does anyway, and I'm the bad guy? How does that make any sense? It's almost like he felt I was taking money out of his own pocket.

I'm sure Chris would say that I'm a PIA because I was fighting for the interests of the members and our courses. But isn't that what the elected board is actually in place to do? Wrong is wrong and I can admit when I am wrong, but this time I am not the one that is wrong! The funny thing is that everyone seemed to agree with me (individually) Greg, Dave W, Mark K, Mark D - even Dave Mac and I saw eye to eye on this!) all told me that they agreed with me.

Everything seemed to be moving the right direction, but took a turn for the worse. I still don't understand how this is my fault. I designed the program and tried to keep Chris from ripping off the membership and I get cut out of the loop?

I want to point out that the new signs are commercial grade aluminum and would last longer than 5 years, but the "initial sponsorship is a 2 year period" so that the RCF can rip you off again in another 2 years and make you pay a renewal fee. Stand up against nor-for=profit greed and do not waste your hard earned money!
Last edited by irwinje on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion