New Tee Signs - Info & Reservation

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: New Tee Signs - Info & Reservation

Postby irwinje on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:19 pm

I just wanted to tee signs
Last edited by irwinje on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:45 pm

How will the players know what placement the basket is in? Will there be removable bolts? Perhaps we could use circular magnets.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

New Tee Signs - Info & Reservation

Postby emptv on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 am

Disc Up,
Using magnets and industrial grade aluminium? Good intentions, but useless as teats on a boar hog,because aluminium is not a ferrous metal. Not that I have a idea to suggest right now. :oops:

8-)
Fly long & prosper!
Bruce C.
LAKERSwhere? = custom embroidery

The Traveling LAKERS
E-mail: TravelingLAKERS@hotmail.com
Lake Saint Louis, 63367
Cell # 314-606-3475
Ace= $132/$19
Sweeps= $10/$0
Fun= $149
emptv
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:57 pm

You could, however, use 2 magnets to mark the position. One magnet in front and the other magnet behind the sign. Aligned properly, it would work just fine. The only problem I have with this idea is the potential for loss and constant replacement. Even if the cost is negligible, having to monitor the signs constantly and replce the ones that are stolen/knocked off/dropped/lost might get old after awhile.

My suggestion would be to drill a hole (size is debatable) next to each pin position and have a plastic button that snaps into the hole. They could be color coordinated (kind of a PIA, but cool looking) or a universal, highly visible color (i.e chrome, gold, etc.). This would need to be done on a drill press to ensure the proper precision. Once the sign is mounted, the holes that line up with the post would need to be counter-sunk to allow some space for the button to pop in. I think this might prove to be a pretty simple solution.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:17 pm

The new tee signs will use the same bolt system we are currently using to mark the pin location.
Last edited by irwinje on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

I would suggest that we use a color format like they do in Kansas City. Red for short white for the next pin blue for the next pin and so on and so forth. All we need to do is spray paint the pins there color. We still need holes in the signs, however for the pins that are not visible from the pad. They also use a flag system when the basket is in the red pin placement it has a red flag on it. I personally believe that is way to complicated. Most of the pins you can see from the pad some you can't and they need some way to let people know where the pin is. The bolt thing has worked so far.
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:02 pm

I know a lot of players complain about posts sticking out of the unused placements. I really like what Quail has done with their placements, using the in-ground sprinkler valve boxes.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Mark,
I agree with the red, white and blue scheme
Last edited by irwinje on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Interesting developments to this program will be available shortly. Stay tuned for exciting news on how this is going to shake out for all of us...
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Well, there is an update, but I can't really say it come on a positive note. Originally, I had designed this program to be win/win for the RCF and it's members. Unfortunately, Chris has decided that another revenue stream is more important than our members or the actual updates that our courses need.

I offered to be the graphic artist for this program, design the signs and help sell them to help move the program forward because my goal was new tee signs. Having discussed this with Chris, it was evident that the Parks Department needed to get involved. Unfortunately, Chris thought this gave him the right to steal the project/idea out from under me and turn it into a revenue stream.

Since I completely opposed to Chris' pricing scheme he has decided to cut me out of the loop and bring in someone else that will simply jump when told to jump. I have no doubt that Dan M. will do a great job on the signs, but I am saddened that this project was stolen from me and further more to have our members completely ripped off by a greedy not-for-profit.

The saddest thing is that I offered to buy all 72 signs (yes, they are that cheap) and design them and then give/sell them to different groups. How cheap are they? The cost for all 72 signs is less than $1,000 total. Now that Chris has gotten involved you can buy a sign and help pay him for all his hard work. I would love to tell you all this is a joke, but it isn't.

I can now promise you 1 thing. Chris doesn't care about you - he just wants your money!
Regards,
Jeff
irwinje
Ace Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion