2011 Board Elections

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

2011 Board Elections

Postby Chris K on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:48 pm

It is time to think about the past year and what went right or wrong. The River City Flyers needs your help as volunteers to improve the disc golf scene in the St Louis Area. Do you want to get more involved in the direction of the club or on a specific course? Do you have an idea to raise money? The current board members are willing to repeat for 2011 but we need new blood on the board. Please post your thoughts and solutions and your willingness to help here.
The best way to make changes for the better is to step up and help out.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Re: 2011 Board Elections

Postby irwinje on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:56 pm

I was very disappointed that the price of plastic went up almost immediately. One of the "benefits" to joining the club was discounted merchandise. I'm not sure why that decision was made, but I'd be willing to bet that less plastic was sold in 2010 than in 2008 or 2009. I think the pricing scheme from those years would sell higher volume, thus yielding greater profits on merch
Plastic: Price
DX, Elite X, most GDS putters: $8
Pro, SS & SSS GDS Putters: $10
Champ, Elite Z, Evo: $12
Star, ESP, GDS equivalent: $15
FLX: $15-$17
CFR: $20

I also think volunteers shouldn't drink while they are dealing with tournament scores, payouts, and money collected
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby eupher61 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:35 am

Saving a buck or two plus tax is huge to me. No complaints about pricing.

More important is getting work done on the courses, improving relations with the government agencies, stabilizing the Club's finances, and increasing awareness of our sport through interpersonal and media contacts.
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby discdork on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:08 am

i would like to see some of our tourneys turned into fundraisers for specific purposes like concrete pads, tee signs, trashcans, repairs, benches or whatever but i think if lets say we had a tourny for tee signs for unger and ALL the money from the tourney went to teesigns we would have a good turnout and get some major stuff accomplished and im sure im far from the only one who wouldnt mind my 20 bucks going to fix or improve a course or even sell cfrs for improvements like there doin in st.chuck for new chains but with as large as the club in stl is all of our courses should be in top tier condition
johnnys in the basement mixin up the medicine im on the pavement thinkin about the goverment
discdork
Birdie Poster

Postby Chris K on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:42 pm

St Louis golfers and club members, be aware it is time to think about the elections in October for the new year, 2011. Who wants to be President of the club or a member of the board? You can throw your name in the sombrero here and/or send me an email. The club is growing and there is much to do. That is, the club needs your help.
Many of you have ideas for change and this is your opportunity to make them a reality. Grab a seat and get in the conversation.
Thanks for your interest,
Chris Kinsella
crkinsella@charter.net
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:31 pm

It may be helpful to people that are thinking about running if the board positions & responsibilities are listed. Also, who holds each position now and, of those volunteers, who will be running for another term/stepping down?
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby raymandisc on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 pm

This may not be the place to post this but I'm going there anyway.

Our club nationally is really one of the best in the country. Our marketing plan has been copied by many clubs. We've had our sponsors ask, do you mind if this club contacts you about how to run a good club. I know many people may no believe this but it's true. Now having said that our club is not perfect. It never will be. You can't please everyone 100% of the the time. The fact we have nearly 500 members tell me we must be doing something right.

Even though I've not helped in a long time with the club I've been very vocal about what I'd like to see the club direction. To me it boils down to "Making Our Courses Better". This last year we've had many people step up to make this happen like bridges and drainage issues. The thing I'm more excited about than anything else is the fact we're going to plat trees. This actually makes the hole more challenging and in many cases makes the hole safer. We've lost many trees in the last couple years and by planting trees this will help get the holes back.

The present officers with Chris as the helm have done a great job. But, they need more help.
Lastly, I'd like to see the St. Louis Open get bigger. How do we make this happen?
"I want a name when I loose. They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me DFL"
raymandisc
Birdie Poster

Postby jameswilkson29 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:28 pm

I would like to run for coulrse captain of unger or creve core i will actually try to make 5 to 10 events at these course next year
jameswilkson29
Bogey Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Copied from the RCF website and modified with current information;

The Club Championships is one of the most important events on the River City Flyers’ Schedule. Not only do participants renew their membership for the next year, they also participate in one of their most important responsibilities as club members, voting for River City Flyer officials or board members.
The River City Flyers is structured as a representative democracy. Each member of the River City Flyers is allowed to submit one anonymous vote to elect Club officers.
If you would like to run for any of the positions listed below, please feel free to reply to this thread, or send me a PM and I’ll make sure you’re name is added to the ballot for your desired position. Additionally, this is a good place to ask questions about the election or to state your case why people should vote for you.
5 positions will be up for election, each holds a 12 month term.
President – Provides leadership, focus, purpose and global direction for the organization as a whole. Implements Club directives through delegating authority and responsibility amongst Club officers. (Current President: Chris Kinsella)
Vice President – Assists the president with all Club directives, decision processes and projects. Implements Club directives through delegating authority amongst Club officers. (Current VP: Bob Waidmann)
Treasurer – Handles all financial responsibilities within the organization. Also manages the Club inventory and assets as well as tax and legal records in cooperation with the Secretary. (Current Treasurer: Steve Kleiber)
Secretary – Responsible for all aspects of information collection and distribution. Maintains all Member, Event, financial and legal records. (Current Secretary: Mary Beth Kinsella - interim)
At Large – Assists President with all Club directives. Communicates with Club vendors, members, sponsors and Parks representatives. (Current At Large: Greg Dohogne, Red Keenan and Chris Lane)
Greg is in charge of flyers and promotions, Red is in charge of inventory and disc sales, Chris L is in charge of catering
Additional 'At Large' duties to be filled by skilled members are website moderator, website builder, Head tournament director, Sales manager for new sponsors

Please feel free to volunteer here or let me know which position you are interested in running for.

In case you don't know you're course captains, they are
Jefferson Barracks: Mark Dudenhoeffer
Unger Park: Chris Kinsella (interim)
Endicott Park: Tim Finan
Creve Coeur: Ben, Morgan & Joe Hart
Quail Ridge: Andy Majesky
Sioux Passage: Francis Albanese
Arnold Park: Adrian Pena
JC Sharpshooters: Joe McKee
So Ill Chain Gang: Jeff Ligon & Bo Toebe
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:44 pm

jameswilkson29 wrote:I would like to run for coulrse captain of unger or creve core i will actually try to make 5 to 10 events at these course next year

James, Course Captain is an appointed position. The right person spends a few days each week at his golf course. Some of our course captains work on their course every day. They are the face of the River City Flyers. Many of our course captains were doing the work long before we recognised them as Course Captain. The board will take your request under advisement. Thanks for your interest.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Next

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion