New River City Ratings Website/Database

RCF & other STL-area Clubs' News, Q & A, and Conversation

Re: New River City Ratings Website/Database

Postby gregwil2 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:45 pm

I updated the members list on the website with the latest 2014 members. Here is a summary of what was changed. Let me know if anyone has any issues.

Found in Database: Phil Bates, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Missy Bemis, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Glenn Bietsch, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: James Bodet, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Ryan D Brown, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: David Butler, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Jill Ernst, Club Membership, but not to RCF, Updated Membership to include RCF
Not Found In database: Sam Hackworm
Added Player ID: 1287 - Sam Hackworm into database for with membership to RCF
Found in Database: Corey Hart, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Grant Hodges, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Jeff Irwin, Club Membership, but not to RCF, Updated Membership to include RCF
Not Found In database: Dan Jacquemin
Added Player ID: 1288 - Dan Jacquemin into database for with membership to RCF
Found in Database: Calvin Kinsella, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Kevin Kirkpatrick, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Kenton Kloss, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: David Krieger, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Mike Levart, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Ryan A Lewis, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Daniel Lovell, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Gary Martin, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Not Found In database: Steven Martin
Added Player ID: 1289 - Steven Martin into database for with membership to RCF
Found in Database: Brian Mason, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Randy McClure, Club Membership, but not to RCF, Updated Membership to include RCF
Found in Database: Ken Metlaf, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Chris Miller, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Not Found In database: Chuck Miller
Added Player ID: 1290 - Chuck Miller into database for with membership to RCF
Not Found In database: William Miller
Added Player ID: 1291 - William Miller into database for with membership to RCF
Found in Database: Brantley Morgan, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Jeremy Oddarizzi, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Not Found In database: Tim Pool
Added Player ID: 1292 - Tim Pool into database for with membership to RCF
Not Found In database: Dan Porter
Added Player ID: 1293 - Dan Porter into database for with membership to RCF
Found in Database: Eric Reese, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Zach Schleicher, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Mike Schlosser, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Jake Schmidt, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Chuck Short, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Layne Smith, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Charlie Svoboda, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Kirk Tass, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Not Found In database: Dave Theile
Added Player ID: 1294 - Dave Theile into database for with membership to RCF
Found in Database: Chris Thompson, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Chris Walls, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: John Walls, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Found in Database: Charlie Weed, NO Club Membership before, Updated Membership to RCF
Not Found In database: Tom West
Added Player ID: 1295 - Tom West into database for with membership to RCF
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Sun May 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Updated the ratings for the latest events this year (March C-Tiers, Crusade, Rock Spring Memorial).

Special mention to Chris Gore for getting the #5 highest rated round by shooting a 46 at Rock Spring Park during the PDGA C-Tier.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Thought out making an update to the members page to include a floor and ceiling of round ratings (possibly by course or over last 10, last year, or overall). The higher the range between the floor and ceiling the more unpredictable you are. The closer the spread the more consistent you are playing.

So for example, say the last 10 rated rounds Player 1's worst round was 8.10 and the best of 9.80, then Player 1's range would be 1.7. Then Player 2 shot a 8.80 lowest and 9.50 highest, their different would only be 0.70. So player 1 would have more potential (higher ceiling) but unpredictable, but player 2 showing that they are more consistent. If it was just comparing the player, you could see if you are are becoming more consistent or have a higher ceiling comparing the last 10 vs last year vs overall.

Just the thoughts that come in my head while I'm doing other work. Let me know if this sounds interesting.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:44 am

Ratings Database has been updated with the Brisco Woods Break-in, St Louis Open, and ICC Open.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby schimmy on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:50 am

hey greg,

i don't think the briscoe woods tournament is showing up correctly.

also an idea of what you can put on the top 100 report: previous rank. i think it would be cool to see how people are moving around in the rankings.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
-- Hunter S. Thompson
schimmy
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:28 am

I apparently forgot to hit the button to post the Brisco Woods stats. It has now been added. I also added the White Birch Warm up from this last Sat.

I think I could add the place that you were previously pretty easily for the next update. Also thought about after each update showing how everyone rating has changed during that last update.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby Genn on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:24 pm

I have a few suggestions on the type of events to not include in one's rating. Any event which doesn't have a payout (Ice Bowls) and Glow events. From what I've seen, players don't approach those events the same way as a "normal" event. For an Ice Bowl, with nothing really to play for, players don't take it nearly as seriously and don't always care about playing their best. For Glow events, most players are throwing a limited bag, in the dark, and that doesn't seem like a good indication of how they'd normally play.

Just a suggestion. It seems any event which is outside the norm would skew the results.
Genn
Bogey Poster

Postby Discinfool on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:43 pm

On the database there is one round in there for two different event. The briscoe woods warm up is also on the icc event page. I have never played icc. Can this please get fixed
Discinfool
Par Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 am

Discinfool wrote:On the database there is one round in there for two different event. The briscoe woods warm up is also on the icc event page. I have never played icc. Can this please get fixed

Not sure what happend there, but it is fixed now.
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

Postby gregwil2 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:06 pm

I added the Ridge Runner Open Round Ratings (did not add them yet to the overall ratings). Roger shot the new hottest round recorded at Quail (45 from whites). Just for fun...here's the top 5 best rounds shot at Quail.
Attachments
QuailRidgeTop5.jpg
QuailRidgeTop5.jpg (55.87 KiB) Viewed 146 times
gregwil2
Birdie Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Club Announcements & Discussion