It's a great time to play West City.....

Festus, MO

It's a great time to play West City.....

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:17 am

Went down to Festus on 3/30, hadn't been down there in a while. Anyway, we REALLY enjoyed our round at the West City course. I've always liked this course, but something just clicked & I've got to say that this course is as good or maybe better than anything else we have in, let's say, an hour's drive or less from STL.....

Truly challenging, with loads of variety....this course is awesome..... :!: :!:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Re: It's a great time to play West City.....

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:19 am

That's great news. I've always loved the potential available at this course... but I've never been able to play the whole course due to the 5 holes in the valley being flooded. I'll have to plan a trip.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 am

Oh well. I went on Saturday and, sadly, it was not a good day to play West City. The park wasn't crowded and we didn't see any other players... but we were forced to skip 3,4,5,6,7,8 and another two holes somewhere between 10 and 14 because of standing water. So, pretty much the same experience as almost every other time for me and a big disappointment. Just seems like there are small windows to play West City - I'll have to contact a local by phone in the future to see if it's playable.

Eh, we made up for it by picking up nine at Jokerst, which was perfectly playable.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:49 pm

Sorry to hear that....there was no water issues at all when we played it a week earlier I think it was, even the river itself was way down. At least Jokerst is well worth playing too, I think it's as good a 9-holer as we have, when we went down there we also played 18 at Jokerst......
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Return to West City Park