Watson Trail "TURKEY BOWL TOURNAMENT" 11/27 11:00am

Sunset Hills, MO

Watson Trail "TURKEY BOWL TOURNAMENT" 11/27 11:00am

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:39 am

I know this is short notice, but I just got the flyer and the OK from Sunset Hills Parks to post this...

The Sunset Hills Parks Dept is throwing a "Turkey Bowl Disc Golf Tournament" at Watson Trail this coming Sunday at 11am. Here is the official flyer from parks:

WTdisc golf tournament flyer[1].jpg
WTdisc golf tournament flyer[1].jpg (184.45 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

The first place prize is a $25 gift card, second is a $15 gift card and proceeds go to course improvements.

MOST IMPORTANT is that this is a very important time in our clubs relations with Sunset Hills and I would really like to show them that we support and appreciate their course and allowing us to play a roll.
PLEASE, if you can possibly make it up here for this, DO. I am sure we will have a good time and any chance to get the guys from parks out on the course with us is a good thing.

Thanks everybody!
Daniel, Watson Trail Course Captain.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: Watson Trail "TURKEY BOWL TOURNAMENT" 11/27 11:00am

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:17 pm

ALLOW ME TO CLARIFY SOMETHING IN ADVANCE.

Pre-Registration does NOT mean that you have to pay in advance. It's just that Ryan would like to know how many people will be attending before the day comes and needs to make sure that, if the field fills in advance, he can tell people so they don't waste the trip.

Please contact Ryan at 314-842-7265 OR rtaylor@sunset-hills.com to "register". Or, you can just let me know your name and I'll see to it that he knows.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Chris K on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 am

I will be at this event with tags and discs. I will have the tags from the Club Championships too.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:21 pm

This tournament happened and was a good time despite a small turnout (because of dismal weather and short notice from the park). We even had a guy ride his bike all the way to the park to play his first tournament and he came in 3rd.

1. Joe Jaegers took 1st place with 52(which is a sweet win for him on the first course he ever played DG on years ago)
2. Chris Kinsella was second with 58, throwing some crazy long shot recovery birdies from out of the junk.
3. Justin Connor took third with 65 a mean forearm - in his first ever tournament.

Thanks for coming out and supporting Watson Trail as we work to get it back into tip top shape. Parks said they will hold another tournament in the spring for the cause of course improvements and I will be working to get some RCF tournaments going as well (love to start with a fundraiser).

Also, keep your eyes open for some leagues here early next year. I'm thinking about a "Beginners League" with a 1st year players and a 2nd year players tier that I can hopefully talk some long time players into joining for the purposes of coaching (think a "clinic"). I'm also thinking about a "Putters Only League" for Watson Trail and a couple of other nearby 9 holers so some of you folks who always say these courses are "great for putter rounds" can have an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is ;)

Thanks again
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Watson Trail