You've got to be kidding!

Sunset Hills, MO

You've got to be kidding!

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:51 pm

As you can read in the Watson Trail thread, there have been a lot of improvements and repairs made at this course very recently. Things have been going great and the city has been starting to come on board to more progress with the club and the future of this course...

So, imagine my dismay when I show up at lunch to play a quick game here and find out that, sometime last night, somebody has wrecked the brand new tee-pad at hole 7 and almost completely destroyed basket 8. Tom Greer and I spent over 2 hours just 10 days ago welding and straightening basket 8 from where some piece of crap had jumped up and down on the bucket to break it off. Well, I guess whoever it was didn't take too kindly to having their destruction undone... because they did it again only worse. It is now unusable.

The teepad will now have to be completely torn apart and rebuilt and the basket is going to be removed, possibly for good.

I'm personally offering a $300 reward for any information leading to the prosecution of the person(s) who committed these sensless acts of criminal vandalism. Seriously, if you know or can find out who... and it leads to their prosecution or financial compensation for the repairs that need to be made - I will give you $300 and my word that you will remain completely annonymous. Heck, being prosecuted is far better than what I will do to them if I catch them myself.

No, I do not believe (nor do I want to) that this is the action of a disc golfer.
Last edited by Stubborn Puppet on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: You've got to be kidding!

Postby discdoh on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Total bummer!

All you can do is continue to rebuild the course and hope to get a better repect level. Sometimes this takes entirely too long. Don't give up hope. The basket can be fixed again and the teepad can be re-worked. Persistence will eventually pay off, I would imagine...sad, but true.

Greg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:03 pm

And... they're back!

Once again somebody has attempted to destroy basket 8. Tom Greer and I did a lot of work trying to repair that basket last time and went the extra lengths to try to build it up so it couldn't be destroyed the same way again. Although that seems to have paid off in that the culprit(s) couldn't break the bucket off the post again, they've managed to really bend the crap out of it and snapped several weld points.

This happened some time between Sunday night, Aug 19th and Thursday afternoon, Aug 23. They are obviously getting up on top of the bucket and jumping up and down to try to break it off. They've also been grabbing a hold of the chain ring and yanking the whole thing back and forth on it's post.

My $300 reward still stands, even though it's worth more than that basket. If anyone can tell me who is responsible, it will remain completely anonymous and I promise it's going to be better for everyone if they get turned in - much better than what will happen if I catch them in the act.

Spread the word... someone knows something.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 pm

This has nothing to do with the watson basket. But I said exactly the title of this forum when I was out at Carrollton aka Bridgeton today. Figured this is as good a place as any. I saw and heard from alot of people that they have been having trouble finding their way around the course. Usually on the first time or two. So we installed some small signs to help people find the next tee box. They were pretty basic and only been in the ground for two weeks. Most of which are now either broken or completly gone. Im not sure if we will make more if people keep breaking things. Guess we'll see. So if you see anyone wondering around with a lost look on their face point them in the right direction, or anyone doing these stupid things. Kindly ask them to stop and maybe even ask why. If you find out why tell us cause I have never been able to figure it out.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Return to Watson Trail