UNGER FUNDRAISER

(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

UNGER FUNDRAISER

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 pm

I will be there to help raise some money...but that course is in shambles right now. Even though it's not flooded most of the holes are completely overgrown in every direction. It's probably the worst I've seen it yet, not flooded.

I really don't think there will be a lot of people showing up there on Saturday due to the courses current condition. I'll be there just to offer my money but not to play, it's not worth it. The course is hard enough with all the water, then add all the extra overgrowth and the 2 foot high grass and you got yourself a demon course. Played it yesterday and was shocked at how bad most of these holes have got. Didn't even want to continue playing because I spent so much time looking for my lie when it wasn't even a bad throw. Just too damn much, it was like I was in the jungle.

I hope that this course turns out better than the way it's been. We should schedule some serious work days out there now that the flooding's gone. I'm all about Unger, just very discouraging seeing it like this.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Re: UNGER FUNDRAISER

Postby DISC N JEFF on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 pm

I can really use some unger management. So lets get a work day set up this week. I am game for some clean up detail. I will see about talking to brad at the nooner at JB tommorow. Hopefully we can get a little done before the fundraiser.
DISC N JEFF
Bogey Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:27 am

I actually did a drive through of Unger on my way to Endicott yesterday and it didn't look all that bad, some of the mowing has already been done. Brad is going to talk to Rick @ Unger about getting the rest of the grass cut this week for our event next weekend.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Tourney Specs
6.20.09 - 10am Tee Off
$15
Lunch
CTP's
MACHLite
Trophies (1st-4th)
Open/Masters/Advanced/Intermediate/Recreational/JRs
Mulligans for sale
Putting Contest
Long Drive Competition
*This is a fundraiser, there will be no payout. All the money raised this weekend will go directly to the installation of permanent tee pads at Unger Park. All donations are greatly appreciated.
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:20 pm

Unger is flooded again, event will be RESCHEDULED!
irwinje
Ace Poster

Return to Unger Park