Tee Signs

(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

Re: Tee Signs

Postby gflap on Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Hey Jeff I., I would be happy to rout some tee signs for Unger. They would be similar to what we made for the ranch at El Shaddai, although we could add drawings similar to that of the Ridge. Let me know, I'll see you at the madness tomorrow.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby clanger on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:33 am

If the parks are not doing the signs for free anymore (I hope this is not final) then, and I can't believe I'm saying this, we should pay the parks to make them so they match the rest of our courses.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby irwinje on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:02 am

Personally, I don't like the tee signs we have now. They list the distance and corresponding placement, but you don't always know where the hole actually is. I play all the courses pretty regularly and I can't remember which one is which sometimes. Besides, a lot of the signs need to be replaced anyway since we've moved some placements. Especially at JB where we've added a lot of D placements.
I looked into getting the same material from the parks and having one of our own guys routing it for us for free since the parks can't do it for free anymore. Apparently, they can't even get that material anymore. So, we're back to square one.
I'd like Unger to be the first in a new wave of tee signs at St. Louis courses that have overhead views and layouts of the placements. That way visiting players and new players can find their way around. I think the signs can add to the character of the course, which is why I want to see natural (wood) signs at Unger.
Greg, I won't be at the match play, but I'd like to talk to you about this next time I see you.
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Unger Park