Thoughts after playing Unger!!

(Unger Park DGC is permanently closed)

Re: Thoughts after playing Unger!!

Postby tyler23 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:53 pm

I understand what everyone is saying and agree with some of them but the beginner arguement is kind of off base in my opinion. Correct me if im wrong, arent the 9 holers like Paul A. Schroder Park and Bluebird and Kircher designed for the begginers in mind. Begginers arent throwing 300 feet so even SP and some holes at JB and Creve Coeur are out of the realm for them. Unger is one of my favorite courses to play and when it isnt flooded im up there 3 times a week. I agree with the fact that amenities are little to none. Look at what we are comparing this course to. Most the courses we are playing have been here for a while. From my experience, no course starts out perfect . We can sit here on our computers and argue in circles about things that are wrong but until people step up and help with the course it will stay the same way forever.

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Tag #2
tyler23
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:29 pm

tyler23 wrote:I understand what everyone is saying and agree with some of them but the beginner arguement is kind of off base in my opinion. Correct me if im wrong, arent the 9 holers like Paul A. Schroder Park and Bluebird and Kircher designed for the begginers in mind. Begginers arent throwing 300 feet so even SP and some holes at JB and Creve Coeur are out of the realm for them. Unger is one of my favorite courses to play and when it isnt flooded im up there 3 times a week. I agree with the fact that amenities are little to none. Look at what we are comparing this course to. Most the courses we are playing have been here for a while. From my experience, no course starts out perfect . We can sit here on our computers and argue in circles about things that are wrong but until people step up and help with the course it will stay the same way forever.

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

i'm on your side.

i max at 280 and i've been playing for a while. ( doesn't mean i'm getting better obviously :) )

unger still rocks!!!

i have no doubt in my mind that the place will mature into an a-tier hosting course in the near future.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Played Unger today for the first time in a long while, the course is looking pretty good for the most part! But, I thought # 13 & # 14 were going to get moved back to their original pin postions?? I didn't mind # 13 too much, but hole # 14 just SUCKS up on that hill!! Like that hole isn't tough enough as it is...... :roll:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby STARFIRE on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:19 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:hole # 14 just SUCKS up on that hill!! Like that hole isn't tough enough as it is...... :roll:

I agree...When the waters up, I understand moving the baskets. Since the waters not up we need to get them back to the A placements.

Hole 14 is a killer! I still love it though, watching the discs go sailing off to the left in the lake, never to return.
RCF #34
JCS #7
SCC #43
SICG #12
PDGA #33428
STARFIRE
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Unger Park