**Winter League**

Florissant, MO

Re: **Winter League**

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:14 am

To me, & this is just my opinion, this time of year(winter), is a very questionable time to be setting up a course like Sioux with so many loooong pin positions, such as having # 6 , # 15, or # 16 set up long! I mean, I'm not saying everything has to be all short either, variety is good, but there are several reasons why all long wouldn't make much sense. But at the same time, I'd LOVE to see holes # 5 & # 7 get moved just cause they've been in the A placements for months!! But, I haven't been playing in the Winter league(mainly because I like to mix it up & play other courses too), so oh well.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:10 am

for someone like myself who cant drive 300, the placement for 6 on the other side of the hill is just bullshit anyway.

lets trade 6 back to the pine trees for 2 to one of the longer placements. (it's been at "A" for a while now unless that's changed)
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby irwinje on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:45 am

Sioux Passage is a championship course. Don't go out there and expect to shoot a competitive or even par round if you are not a serious player. There was a time in my illustrious disc golf career when I could not break 72 at Sioux. So don't feel bad if the best course in St. Louis kicks your ass every time you play it.
Francis, the course captain, has decided that 6 will not move until 6 different people get a 3 on it. He is the course captain and it is his say. As far as the other pins (15 & 16) those were chosen by the CTP winners from the Winter League. If you do not like it then come out to the league, get the CTP and choose to move one of the long holes.
I'm talking to you Jeff Wulf! Come out to our league :twisted:
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 am

Okay, where to begin. For starters, Jeff, your last post? A complete load of crap!! Very little of what you said was a decent argument! I mean, I'm quite aware that S. P. is a CHAMPIONSHIP course, & that it's difficult to score well there, regardless of how it's set up. I still think that we ( the club) should at least consider the casual players who aren't SERIOUS players! And some of these pin placements should probably really only be used in tournaments! Like # 6 in C, # 8 in D??, 15 in D , etc. Now, I know that Francis is the course captain, & I've often wanted to talk to him about placements, & it just hasn't happened lately. Hole # 6 is one of the signature holes, but that is to the B placement, C is just really stupid, to be honest! Then you have to walk BACK to the next tee, it doesn't exactly flow very well!

Anyway, as far as the league goes, another key reason why I haven't shown up is the format. Random doubles?? Doesn't interest me a whole lot. Singles would have been much better! Leagues are almost always doubles, we could use a singles league, you know what I mean? But, since you called me out, I might have to try to make it when we get the Winter Series over with!! :P
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:42 am

You know, all I was trying to point out in the first place was that if we're gonna set up the course ALL long, wouldn't it make MORE sense to do it in the summer rather than the dead of winter :?: :?:
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:49 am

As a good friend likes to comment all the time, "The club makes the courses in St. Louis for the top 1% of players without much concern for the other 99%."

Maybe there is a reason that White Birch which is just a short drive away from Sioux recieves a lot more play...
magic
Ace Poster

Postby magic on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:37 pm

After thinking about it more, maybe Sioux Passage doesn't get a lot of play because of the STUPID DROP ZONE on 18!

Wait, isn't this thread about a winter league...
magic
Ace Poster

Postby Robbins on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Be warned... here is my propaganda... I would like to see the pins in different placements more often, but that takes some serious time to move them all. And I think we need better tee signage showing the layout for each hole. But until we get better tee signs, I think Sioux should have a balance of pin placements that are visible or not from the tee (excluding tournament rounds).

My thoughts on particular pin placements: I think that 6A is a better hole than 6D, even though I am getting a three on the long placement about 65% of the time. 8d could be a good hole if some trees were removed to allow well thrown shots to penetrate deeper into the woods, right now its poke and hope.
Sometimes I wonder why the Frisbee is getting bigger...and then it hits me.
Robbins
Bogey Poster

Postby irwinje on Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:23 pm

The Winter League meets again on Saturday 1.24.09 and for the record.
Francis moved 6 & 15 cause the course captain & wanted to change it up
Ben Hart moved 8
Bryan Johnson moved 16
These moves were made because each week there is a CTP and the winner gets to move 1 pin. These are the holes & placements the winners choose.

Jeff W: I have to disagree with you, I think these pins positions are more appropriate for winter time as a lot more people play out there during the warmer months. The people playing at this time of year can not only make the shots but also know where the pins are if they can't see them off the tee.
Ryan: One of the biggest things I want to accomplish, with my time in office, is more courses and better signage at all the courses
Time to get serious about having fun
irwinje
Ace Poster

Postby disctosser on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 am

OK its my turn to add to this little talk. Jeff I have thrown in your winter league and i play at S.P. alot more than the rest of you.Now i don/t have the big arms the rest of you guys do but i think it is B.S. that only certain people can decide where and when baskets can be moved. Also with it still being shorter days long holes don/t make a hole lot of sense. Also why do you think everything needs to be long to be hard ! I/m sick of big arms running the show and telling us that if we don/t like play somewhere else. Oh by the way calling people out may not be wise.
disctosser
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Sioux Passage Park