white/blue tees

Wentzville, MO

white/blue tees

Postby fairweather_fan on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:32 am

some friends and i will be heading out to QR for a few rounds this weekend, and were wondering how (and if) the white and blue tees are marked. we don't make it out that way very often, but i seem to remember it being a bit of a challenge to find them the last time we played the course. bricks? stumps? no markers?

any help would be appreciated.
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Re: white/blue tees

Postby gflap on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:35 am

Whites are marked with white pavers in the ground. These tee pads were recently cleaned and trimmed for last weeks Quail Clobber. Most pads might still have remnants of orange spray paint. Blues will be more difficult to find. Good luck and enjoy.
gflap
Birdie Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:54 am

thanks for the info, gflap. in re: blue tees, when you say "more difficult to find", do you mean "if you don't know where they are, don't bother looking"? we were thinking it'd be cool to run a round from each set of tees, maybe, but would rather not spend an extra 10 mins per hole in 90deg heat looking for a set of tees we may never find.

thanks again for the help, and the wishes of luck and enjoyment-i'll certainly need the former to find the latter!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby Jorge on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 pm

If you look on the Tourney's tab under Local Tourney's, Quail Clobber, the whites/blues used in the tourney are still marked with orange spray paint. The ones not used are harder to find, but let me try to help you and everyone else.

1w - Up near the tree near the road, to the right and behind the reds.
1b - About 50-60' behind the reds, slightly to the left of the reds (the trash can gets in the way sometimes if you throw like me)

2w - I'm not sure if these were removed, but still marked orange. approx. 10' right of the reds, 40' behind.
2b - When you cross the road from hole 1, look near the sign in the grass on your right. Easy to find.

3w - walk past the reds, to the right down a dirt path in the woods. Should be marked, easy to find.
3b - As you leave hole 2 and cross the paved path, look on the right. They are near the woods. Be very careful of people riding bikes and runners on the path as you throw. A spotter would help.

4w - approx 30' behind the reds near a dirt spot, easy to find.
4b - If you are standing on the whites, look right and follow this path back around a big cedar tree. The blues are on the right side of the tree as you face the pin. Might be hard to find. The markers are close to the tree. Turtles have been known to procreate in this area. :D

5w - Directly behind the whites, easy to find.
5b - As you take the walk uphill from hole 4 to hole 5, there is a path on the left hand side. Not sure if the marker is still there, but where this path is there is a small tree at the intersetcion of the two paths that we use as a default marker. Very difficult shot from here, but it's open.

6w - directly behind the reds about 50'. Easy to find.
6b - These were removed b/c the parks dept. put in the horseshoe pits. We use the white wood on the first horseshoe pit as the marker. (Note: for all others, this is the correct location, not on the paved path)

7w - As you walk from hole 6 to 7, there is a path on the right about halfway. Go down about 40' there is a level spot and there should be white markers if they havent been covered with mud.
7b - Directly behind the whites, about 30'. If the markers are covered, the tee pad is directly behind a small tree that is laying across the path.

8w - Directly behind the reds.
8b - As you walk from hole 7 to 8, almost to hole 8, on the right side there are blue markers. Note: There is a mando on this hole. You will see it from the tee pad. If you miss, re-tee from the reds.

9w - From the reds, walk to the other side of the creek, near the parking lot by the practice hole. There is a path there and the markers are at the end of the path. It is a tight, but fun, tunnel shot.
9b - As you walk from hole 8 to 9, pass up the reds and walk about 80' and on the right there is a small area with the blue pavers. A very long tunnel shot.

10w - right next to the reds.
10b - to the right of the whites about 20' in the little grassy area. even with the reds and whites.

11w - directly behind the reds
11b - to the right of the whites, and even with them.

12w - behind the reds up a little hill (behind the bench)
12b - behind the whites. Watch for the mando, re-tee from the reds.

13w - directly behind the reds, can't miss as you walk from 12 to 13.
13b - if you are standing on the reds, it is approx. 30' behind them down on the path in the woods.

14w - approx. 40' behind and 20-30' left of the reds. 20' off the paved path.
14b - approx. 40' behind and 40' to the right of the reds. 20' off the paved path.

15w - as you walk from 14 to 15, before you make the sharp left turn to the tee pad, it's on the right on a little hill.
15b - it's in the wide open area behind hole 18's basket. Big blue markers. Can't miss from hole 14. Good luck with that shot.

16w - on your way from 15 to 16. can't miss, it's in the wide open.
16b - behind the reds up on top of the hill by a tree that was just cut down and the fence. Signature tee pad.

17w - Behind the whites, approx 40'.
17b - Walk from the red to the whites and keep going to the road. Turn right and go approx. 10-20' and you will see them. They are about 5' off the road.

18w - walk up the cut path from the reds, turn slightly right and you will see them.
18b - As you walk up the cut path, head towards a cross walk sign that's near the road. As you make your way up there, you will see the blues. Can be tricky to find, but it's about 15' off the paved path where it turns.

As for the one's still marked with orange paint, they are a great mixture to play. I play the whites and blues a lot. The whites are harder than the red, but the blues are signifigantly harder.

If you play the tee's marked orange from the tourney, i'd probably add in the blues from holes 16 - 18 if you like longer shots.

If you can't find one, find someone who has a bag. They probably know where they are. The signs do a decent job showing the locations of the tees, but the distances could be greatly off (example: hole 8), and not all of the blues are on the signs, yet.

I hope this helps. Maybe with some free time a map could be created.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby listen4chains on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:38 pm

I blue-even with power box/kiosk, nearly direct to left and behind tee box 100 feet or so.
1 white next to tree on right side of tee pad 80 feet behind it

2 blue near road by stop sign kinda
2 white behind pad 60 feet

3 blue near dorothys garden sign 25 feet in front of it
3 white to right of pad 80 feet between big trees

4 white take right pathway on way to blue tee behind pad 60 feet
4 blue keep going past whites to right of big tree

5 blue at crux of path straight up hill from basket 4
5 white directly behind pad 50 feet

6 blue/white same spot 80 back and left of tee, near horseshoe pit

7 white, take right hand path past 6 basket, before 7 's pad
7 blue behind whites 60 feet

8 blue (has a mando), 15 feet from path to 8 pad
8 white right behind pad 40 feet

9 blue 100 feet up asphalt path behind pad 15 feet from asphalt
9 white across valley in between blues and pad up top basket even with it

10 blue even with picnic table halfway between 9 basket and 10 pad
10 white 15 feet from pad to right

11 white behind pad 70 feet
11 blue 15 feet from whites to right

12 white (mando in play if you miss retee from pad add stroke to score) behind bench to right 30 feet
12 blue behind white 15 feet mando in play

13 white at crux of path out to parking lot near dogpoo box
13 blue down from bench to right and behind 45 feet hard to see

14 blue near asphalt pathway 20 feet 75 feet behind pad before you get to pad
14 white behind pad to left 60 behind

15 blue on way to 15 pad in 18 fairway 40 feet
15 white at curve of path even with pad 70 feet to right of pad

16 white even with 15 basket 120 feet from 16 pad
16 blue 120 behind 16 pad by white fence by road

17 blue 10 feet from road behind pad to the right 175 feet
17 white 60 feet behind pad to right maybe 30 feet hard to find

18 blue up by asphalt path up by green power box 40 feet to left of green box
18 white hard to find up and to right across tall grassy area behind pad 80 feet

Good luck to you all approximate distances, just look where I said, but pretty close
Last edited by listen4chains on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short, make the most of every opportunity you get to do the right thing, even when it would be easier to just say "Screw it, I don't care." Make a difference, one opportunity at a time. Smile!
listen4chains
Birdie Poster

Postby gottagothrow on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Jorge wrote:I hope this helps. Maybe with some free time a map could be created.

It is on my agenda.
Please see:

http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=586

DD
Remember, there is no disc.
http://stlouisdiscgolfclub.com/
Tag # 1 (in my imaginary world)
PDGA # 26478 rating 935
38.517136°N, 090.280311°W
gottagothrow
Birdie Poster

Postby Jorge on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Eric, guess we were typing it at the same time. Either one works great.
Jorge
Par Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:38 pm

thanks for taking the time to post the directions to the tee placements, jorge and listen4chains. much appreciated!

so, are the tees that are still spray painted from the tournament a mix of red, white, and blue tees?

looking forward to playing the course.
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Postby kjk437 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Reds all have pads. Most of the whites are spray painted with the blues on 9, 10, 16, and another hole I'm forgetting spray painted as well.
kjk437
Bogey Poster

Postby fairweather_fan on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 am

just wanted to pop back in and say thanks again for the directions to the white and blue tees...we had planned on going a couple rounds, but got a later start than we anticipated, so we just ran a round from the whites. we were able to find all whites except for hole #2, and they definitely gave the course additional challenge, and some different looks/shots off the tee when compared to the reds (which are the only tees we had played in the past).

so, thanks again!
aka 'teddy ballgame'
2012 RCF Bag Tag #411
2012 SICG Bag Tag #30
fairweather_fan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Quail Ridge Park