JB Doubles Summer League '10

Lemay/Mehlville, MO

Re: JB Doubles Summer League '10

Postby discdoh on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 am

I am still hoping that this format works for everyone. Let me know otherwise.

Nice CALI shooting Dave! Robo should kiss your feet next week! Here comes the race...

JB Doubles Summer League 2010 Week 3
Attachments
'10 Standings Week3 [800x600].jpg
'10 Standings Week3 [800x600].jpg (93.69 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discer1 on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 pm

greg i dont know how your going to split up the divisions for the summer leagues but from what i was told ,your putting more people in the pro division .and the way i see it at least 7 of the top 11 teams have no chance of winning ,well i should only speak for my team but thats the way i see it .anyway if you were to put me and strange in the pro division i was wondering if you can tell me the bennifit in paying 25dollars and not having a chance to win what will be the pay out for the rest of the non contenders ........i know we should play better to have any kind of chance but lets be real we are 12 down and the top team is 30 down ,and unless we pull a nancy kerigan here we have no chance all im saying if you put us in the pro division just make it worth while ....................ok im done rambling see ya tuesday ............
hey if i can play anyone can...........
discer1
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Let's do some math.

$20 vs. $25 - That would be 5 $1 scratch-offs less per 8 week session...or 1 less pack of smokes...or 1 less 6-pack...or you can see my point. It has been $20 per league for 10 years or more. $25 was the next logical step. I pay out the divisions pretty deep, and $20 just wasn't cutting it. I am also investing about $75 per session on plastic for the CTPs. For this league I am buying EVERYONE a disc for the 1-disc challenge. That alone warrants an extra $5. Not to mention I want to give your step son a couple discs for his artwork efforts. I also give EVERYONE at least a $10 disc voucher at the end of league. People were bitchin about the $8 vouchers, so I raised it to $10. Where does that extra $2 per person come from? I've gotten pretty good a squeezing the juice out for payouts, but I just needed more fruit.
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discer1 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:32 pm

greg its really not about the money ,its about being able to compete in the division you put us .i understand you go through alot to put this together its hard to stretch the dollar and make people happy .i guess i should have worded it different all i really wanted to know was the break down of the extras .you do a fantastic job running this league one of the best (sorry bob )anyway sorry if i upset you about this i was just trying to figure it out ,now i understand .my main point was to be put in a division that i can compete in ,.......no hard feelings ....i hope
hey if i can play anyone can...........
discer1
Bogey Poster

Postby Strange on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:36 am

So,

Rain = Leagues on

Lightning = Leagues cancelled?
Strange
Birdie Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:10 am

That is correct.

The rainy weather rules are this...

As soon as lightning is perceived to be in the area/getting closer, the round is cancelled. This means that even if your group started early and finished the round before the lightning arrived, your score is null and void. EVERYONE has to finish their round before the lightning arrives for it to be a round that counts.

That being said, even if it is raining like the world is coming to an end, as long as there is no lightning the round will continue. Your group is more than welcome to voluntarily take your drop week (126) if you want to, instead of finishing the round and getting soaked. In any event, the forecast has improved drastically from yesterday. I think we might get this week in yet.

Greg
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Here are the results through Week 4.

I am posting the scores with the drop week and without the drop week. I will be comparing the two and will come up with the divisional splits soon. I will make the most logical split that I can. This is always a point of contention with some individuals. Please realize that I do the best that I can and that I do this with zero bias. Trust me - I am not picking on you!

There are 35 teams involved. 1 of those teams has not paid and has missed the last 2 weeks. This leads me to believe that they are probably not going to pay for/finish the league. I also believe that 2 of the teams will be combining into 1. Jeremy B. broke some ribs and is out for awhile. His partner, Jeff H., will probably be combining with Ray M. Ray was playing CALI and was looking for a partner anyway. This will leave us with 33 teams total.

Without looking at the standings, I would like to split the divisions like this - 13 PRO, 11 ADV, 9 INT. I will alter these numbers according to how the competition is stacking up. Once I make my decision, it will be final. If you feel like you are getting the shaft, I apologize. I can only do so much.

BTW, if you haven't figured it out yet, to see the entire file just click on the image.

Greg
Attachments
'10 Standings Week4Drop [50%].jpg
'10 Standings Week4Drop [50%].jpg (112.53 KiB) Viewed 309 times
'10 Standings Week4NoDrop [50%].jpg
'10 Standings Week4NoDrop [50%].jpg (113.08 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:04 am

Here we go.

This is the split. The payouts wll be reversed. This means PRO=13 teams, ADV=11 teams, INT=9 teams for payouts. Ask me on Tuesday if you don't understand.

I also included both splits. One is for the improbable 35 team scenario, the other for the probable 33 team scenario.

D'OH
Attachments
'10 Standings Week4Split+ [50%].jpg
'10 Standings Week4Split+ [50%].jpg (109.96 KiB) Viewed 279 times
'10 Standings Week4Split [50%].jpg
'10 Standings Week4Split [50%].jpg (113.44 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 pm

Here are the results through Week 5.

Robo/Rose has taken a serious lead after carding another -13. Nice shooting boys!

No aces were hit, so the ACE POOL is getting very close to the $300 cap. If this happens, I will start a second ACE POOL. First ace will get the big payout and second ace will get the small payout.

Please notice that 1 card was not turned in. Stephen Claggett/Justin Hickey & Matt McDonald/Scott Coleman - If one of you is online, please message back with the results and bring me the card next Tuesday. The sooner I get those results, the quicker I can update the standings. Thank you!
Attachments
'10 Standings Week5 [50%].jpg
'10 Standings Week5 [50%].jpg (116.31 KiB) Viewed 255 times
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discer1 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:38 am

greg with your permission i would like to change the course a little ,its been the same for a while now .im not saying make it shorter just different.............my idea would be (1-c )(2-b)(3-ok) (4-ok)( 5-ok)(6-b)(7-b (8-a)(9-ok)(10-c)(11-0k)(12-c)( 13 -b) (14-c)(15-a) (16-c-or d )(17-b)(18-c)....just a thought if you dont mind ,.......then your 50/50's would be 6-B AND OR 7-B,15-A.........LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK
discer1
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Barracks