JB Doubles Summer League Session 2 - Starts 7/19

Lemay/Mehlville, MO

Re: JB Doubles Summer League Session 2 - Starts 7/19

Postby Lazerface on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Your right, saftey is an issue there. Also, with the pin being behind that line of bushes and protected by that big tree, it plays as a pretty cool par 4 with the mando. I was wrong when I said it would be a shitty hole. I just want to BOMB over the trees and 2 that bad boy - you know what i'm sayin!!!!

I also want to dance
AMERICA
STL TAG 4, SO IL TAG 1, ST CHUCK TAG ?, JC TAG NEEDED
Lazerface
Birdie Poster

Postby jdix42 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 am

I know exactly what you mean. BUt you are right with the mando the risk reward factor is gone. It just makes it a tough hole. with no realistic chance for a duece. You have to play for a three and move along.
So my vote is still for the mando.
With a disclaimer: No mando = Im going over the shit.
Good luck this Tuesday
Jeff
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:25 pm

I am going to provide some information on the Hole 18 mando.

Hole 18 will remain a No-Mando hole until the end of league (2 more weeks). Once league is done, a new, more prominent MANDO sign will be installed on the tree in place of the 2 temporary mando signs. It will be large and highly visible. Once this is installed, the hole will be become a true MANDO hole. Also, Mark is planning on planting some new trees just off to the left of the teepad to block off the route as well.

I know that everyone who has the distance LOVES to go over the top (including me), but that option has simply become too dangerous. The course is getting more and more play every day it seems, and the blind nature of that route is just asking for trouble. In addition, the large tree near basket 10B is now dead. It is the only obstacle blocking discs from getting into 9s fairway as well. Who knows how long the tree will remain there...it is dead for a reason.

With that said, instituting the mando will in no way ruin the hole. In a lot of aspects it is making the hole more difficult and actually turns 18D into a true Par 4. Another benefit is that we won't have the constant problem of people throwing from 18 looking for their discs in the Bermuda Triangle anymore, which we all have been guilty of on more than one ocassion. Speed of play is a constant concern, and this should certainly help.

So, in other words, get your last licks on 18D for the next 2 weeks. It will be your last chance to get a realistic deuce FOREVER!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby rondisc on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks Doh,
Hopefully nobody get hit in the next 2 weeks, somebody WILL be pis$ed off. I like the words I have heard, lets see if the follow through happens :twisted: I have seen this situation more than a couple of times in
STL... We shall see... Sorry if I happen to be the pessimist, but more than once in our town I have seen, otherwise, after all is said.....

Peace
"Such a long long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."
rondisc
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:49 pm

On last thing I need to mention before I head out to the course this afternoon to take care of league...

My card will be going out no later than 5:15 this evening. If you show up later than this, you are on your own. You will need to find another group to join up with (i.e. a group making the turn, another late show group, etc.). It is starting to effect my teams score when I hold off waiting for the latecomers and have to play the last 2-4 holes in the dark. Please do your best to get to the course early and start playing ASAP.

Thanks!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Here are the standings after Week 7...

No one hit an ACE, so the ACE POOL should be well above $450 next week! Woo-hoo! If it can just survive one more week, it will be given away during the Week 9 activity. I am thinking that 18 X $25 CTPs would be a ton a fun on a course set up for The Battle at the Barracks (all holes around 150'). But of course, I am getting ahead of myself...

My card will be going out no later than 5:15, so please get to the course ahead of time if you can. Daylight is an issue this time of year and I would like to see all of the cards get in before dark, if at all possible.

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Greg, If you can, please please please ask teams to keep a steady pace. There are a few groups that are extremely slow play, and that can back you up in a hurry. For example two groups of four were waiting on hole ten a couple weeks ago, and we decided to play as a group of 8 until play started to spread out well it never did and our group of 8 had to wait on every hole on the backside for a group of 3 in front of us. I also dont mind guys taking a smoke break on occasion but an extra 10 minutes when your already backing things up just isnt very courteous.
jdix42
Bogey Poster

Postby discdoh on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:59 pm

My card (last card) will be going out no later than 5:10 this week. Please do me a favor and try to get to the course early this week. Time has been an issue. Everyone also needs to keep their pace of play in mind, as Jeff pointed out. If there is more than 1 holes worth of open space in front of you, you need to pick it up a little...maybe even think about playing ready golf for a hole or two, until you get caught up.

Also, the SPECIAL CTP will be thrown off this week on Hole 13 in the stump. There will also be a FREE CTP flag on the hole, so make sure you only write your name on a flag that you deserve to!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:07 pm

One last thing about today...

I just got off the phone with Davey Mac at Gateway Disc Sports and he has a special gift for everyone (or at least the first 50 people) that played in the 1-Disc Challenge last league session. It seems that a few people called him and complained about the disc that was provided (I loved it and have seen it still in use in many bags to this day, BTW). He REALLY likes to make his STL golfers happy and felt bad that a few people were disappointed. I told him not to worry about it, but he has gone above and beyond normal generosity and wants to make everyone happy as usual. I want to make sure that the people who were upset with the disc get first crack at the new stuff...who says complaining gets you nowhere? I will have a list of the people that played in the 1-Discer with me this evening.

Thanks again, Dave!

Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jdix42 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:04 pm

i wouldnt say I absolutely hated it and I didnt really complain except for the fact I lost mine on the last hole.
so if that qualifies me I would like one.
thanks
jeff
jdix42
Bogey Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Barracks