New pin positions at Endicott...

St. John, MO

New pin positions at Endicott...

Postby ScottJB on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:56 pm

In case their are some of you out there that haven't thrown a round at Endy in a while, there has been some recent landscaping that is worth mentioning. Every hole now actually has all 3 pins available, this includes an A on 3, an A on 5, and A on 7, and A on 15, and an A on 17. Holes 7, 15, and 17's baskets are in the newly added positions. While 15's pin was always there, it had a fallen tree upon it as well as the cove being overgrown, but it is now an interesting placement with the cove cleared and the fairway logged off around the hole. I am also a big fan of the new 17, which is right across the creek and first treeline, then straight back to the left corner, protected above as well by a drooping tree. Hole 5 is still in the B placement, but I eagerly anticipate its move, hint hint Tom, as the new placement is behind the stump of the second tree that fell in the storms, very protected an unique looking, seems a careful drive will be necessary.
So in summary, I hope to see some new faces at Endicott soon, as this course keeps me coming back for the variety of shots needed, and the timely rotation of the baskets, moreso than I've ever experienced on any course.
"It is a fools prerogative to utter truths that noone else will speak..." ~ Dream
ScottJB
Bogey Poster

Re: New pin positions at Endicott...

Postby Robbins on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Could some one help me out... I think I am confused about what pins are the "A" or "B" for hole 9 and 18. In my opinion... it looks like in the current set-up each hole is in the "A" pin, am I mistaken? :?:

Thanks,
Sometimes I wonder why the Frisbee is getting bigger...and then it hits me.
Robbins
Bogey Poster

Postby clanger on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Holes 9 & 18 are currently in the b positions
clanger
Par Poster

Postby forehand on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:31 am

clanger wrote:Holes 9 & 18 are currently in the b positions

#9 is not in the B position,The pin straight up the hill is the A pin
TAG #1
forehand
Birdie Poster

Postby tigerwoods on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:16 pm

It would be awesome if someone could move the baskets a little more often, like what happens at every other course. I always hear Tom M. call this "his course", and it sure is selfish to always have the pins where he wants, and to never move anything. I think 6 baskets have been moved since the St. Louis Open. This course has become very stale. Who wants to shoot at the same positions every time you play when there are so many different placement options.
tigerwoods
Bogey Poster

Postby REDARMY on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:18 pm

tigerwoods wrote:It would be awesome if someone could move the baskets a little more often, like what happens at every other course. I always hear Tom M. call this "his course", and it sure is selfish to always have the pins where he wants, and to never move anything. I think 6 baskets have been moved since the St. Louis Open. This course has become very stale. Who wants to shoot at the same positions every time you play when there are so many different placement options.

sounds like you just volunteered yourself to help.

contact chris lang (clanger here on the boards) and give him a time when youre available. i'm sure he'd be happy to move pins with some assistance
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby clanger on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:21 pm

I'll try to get some pins moved this weekend.
clanger
Par Poster

Postby jaylewisstl on Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:39 am

clanger wrote:I'll try to get some pins moved this weekend.

Thanks Chris. If you haven't already, the one request I have that I've been bugging Tom about is that we need to move hole 16 to either A or B placement. The C position goes across a walking path, and I came within a couple feet of taking out a little kid on a bike a few weeks ago. C placement is fine when the park isn't crowded, but it's a safety hazard this time of year. Other than that hole, I'm not picky about placements.
jaylewisstl
Bogey Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 am

Played Endicott yesterday, & several pins (including 16 to B placement) had been moved. Thanks again, clanger.
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby jaylewisstl on Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:15 pm

jeffthrow6892 wrote:Played Endicott yesterday, & several pins (including 16 to B placement) had been moved. Thanks again, clanger.

Awesome, good to hear.
jaylewisstl
Bogey Poster

Next

Return to Endicott Park