New Tee Signs?

St. John, MO

New Tee Signs?

Postby jrud9182 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:39 pm

So, I usually go to endicott on lunch and play a few holes... I was there last friday, and then again today... There are new tee signs up that look really good I assume they were put in place this weekend. They show all three pin placements and the next tee, really snazzy stuff in full color. However, there is no "bolt system" to indicate where the pin is currently located. First time I've seen signs like this and they are really nice, but loosing the ability to see specifically how far the drive is a bit of a downer. Wondering if the old bolt sign could be attached to the pole, just under this sign or if the sign could be modified. Any thoughts? Is this the standard?

This is what is currently out there... well soft of, its comparable...

I dunno, maybe its just me.
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Re: New Tee Signs?

Postby jrud9182 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:46 pm

better example of what is out there...

When I said modify the signs, I was thinking of just a hole next to the placement listings... For the bolt.
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Postby krazykarl on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 pm

I went out on Sunday morning and saw the new signs. They look great and its a really nice graphic that every course should get. I agree though, it does need the bolt next to the current hole placement. It just makes life easier because I'm lazy.
krazykarl
Bogey Poster

Postby jrud9182 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Yea, All things considered its a really small thing. But for people who don't know the course it would help. I have CRAP eye sight so it would help me as well.
jrud9182
Bogey Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:34 pm

These new signs have been a very long time coming. The St. Louis Disc Golf Club paid for them about 2 years ago and we're very happy they're now finally installed. Similar signs were installed at Jefferson Barracks earlier this year, along with the brand new baskets.

I'll have to check on what the plans are for allowing some sort of pin marking on them... I know something was figured out at JB. I'll let you know.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby STLSoldier on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Drilled holes with bolts at JB.
STLSoldier
Bogey Poster

Postby jrud9182 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:02 pm

into the signs? or into the post?
jrud9182
Bogey Poster