Trees coming down all over...

St. John, MO

Trees coming down all over...

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:19 am

Does anyone know if all the trees and brush coming down all over the course at Endicott is the work of the Parks Dept. or disc golfers?

I'm personally disappointed in the losses. Hole 4's long position is barely a challenge at all now and without the cluster in your face on 11... it's only average. There's three or four other spots out there where a bunch of foliage is now missing as well.
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Re: Trees coming down all over...

Postby Chris K on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 am

I believe Pat Hensley of the Parks Dept is doing all the clean up at Endicott. Mugs too, at JB, is cleaning up fallen trees that have been on the ground for years. Not too sure why they are doing it now. Maybe that Prop B money is starting to roll in.
I do agree with you; the missing foliage and dead trees opens up the course a lot. I have asked in the past that 20 to 30 feet of the dead tree be left as an obstacle for the golf course. The tree guys actually did that on a tree at hole 17C when I asked them. Problem is, you have to stay on top of what they are doing and they don't include us in their plans.
Chris K
Ace Poster

Return to Endicott Park