volunteers needed for Creve

Maryland Heights, MO

volunteers needed for Creve

Postby wachoutforthattree on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:10 am

This is a call out to all disc golf enthusiasts who play Creve Coeur and love it. My name is Ben. My brothers Morgan and Joe are asking any disc golfer in the area to give up their time voluntarily to help at the course. There are several things that we need help with on the course. They are:

1.Hole number 12 has a tree that was cut down this last summer. Remainders of the tree are still there. If someone wanted to pick up all the branches and line the trees going up to hole with the branches I will give you three brand new discs from my stock pyle. It might only take 30 minutes to move them all but if you do let me know and the discs are yours.

2. Every player I know hates to hit nusence tree limbs that are on the ground when they throw a great shot and are expecting a good roll or the perfect skip. If you see downed limbs pick them up and throw them behind the closest tree next to you.

3. The next is a big one. We need help sanding and repainting baskets. They need to remain yellow so if you are interested and have the time and ability to sand and paint let me(ben) or stlouisdiscgolfclub know and we can get you the material you need to repaint the baskets.

If you see other problems on the course let me know. Call me(Ben) at 314-560-9916. I will try to solve the problem or get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Until then make every shot your best shot!

Ben Hart
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Re: volunteers needed for Creve

Postby REDARMY on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:46 pm

got a specific workday date for this?

i'll help.
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:06 pm

I don't have a specific work date. If I do I will let you know.
Anytime anyone is on any course(except for tournaments) they should be picking up trash and downed limbs.
If you see other things at the course that need to worked on let me know.
Thanks Mike for offering your help.
All the courses will be posting projects that they are trying to get done. We are mostly looking for volunteers that are willing to go on their own and take care of any of the projects we post. some of the bigger projects that involve buying material and getting reimbursed will have to get done through the St. Louis Disc golf board with their approval.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby REDARMY on Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:25 am

how bout after the doubles at sioux this saturday ben?
Are YOU the d-bag who swiped all four of the putters I left at White Birch?
REDARMY
Ace Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:38 pm

Sorry I didn't respond sooner Mike. I will most likely be at the course this weekend moving logs on hole 12. I might also be purchasing some flags so i can mark the fairways for the parks department. This is not 100% for sure thing.
However if you or anyone is out on the course playing and you get to hole 12 then pick up one of the branches that are in the middle of the fairway and move them to the tree line so that they line the fairway. Morgan, Joe, Jerry and I have started a couple each round and it is starting to clear them away. Soon you might be able to role all the way to the hole.
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Simon and I moved all the logs on hole 12. It took 2 hours. We lined the trees going up to the hole with the logs. You might be able to role it from the tee pad all the way to the hole. Let me know what you think if you play the hole, to us it looks alot better. I will probably be out there next week putting mulch around tee pads and benches. If anyone is interested in helping let me know.
Ben 314-560-9916
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Postby eupher61 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Ben, post here a day before you're mulching etc, and I'll be there if I can. Or, call me 816-686-2103. Good meeting you this afternoon at CC.

steve
eupher61
Birdie Poster

Postby wachoutforthattree on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks Steve, I'll try to post the night before. Any help is greatly appreciated. Nice meeting you also. Welcome to st. Louis. Hopefully you'll be able to play in some local tournaments or some leagues.
Ben
wachoutforthattree
Par Poster

Return to Creve Coeur County Park