open fo play

Maryland Heights, MO

Re: open fo play

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 am

It's just a person from the parks dept., who doesn't play DG, taking where they heard "3 pin positions" and repeating it as "3 tee positions". I definitely wouldn't get my disc golf information from a parks dept. site, I'd go to the local clubs site or dgcoursereview
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby MADDISC on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 pm

I think it is from the old days when we had 3 tee pads. The park dept. has just never changed it on there website.

By the way we plan on putting the baskets back in this afternoon.
They will do a finish cut on the grass on Monday after the baskets are back in.

Thanks
Mark D

PS Don't forget to save the Ta-Tas!
MADDISC
Ace Poster

Postby Richard~Cheese on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:12 pm

GAME ON.... All 18 baskets are back in just before sunset over C.C. lake. Peace has been restored in the valley once again. There is still some patches of long grass, so keep your eyes on your drive. The parks dept will be mowing again and cleaning up most likley Monday morning.
The "art" of revolution....
Richard~Cheese
Birdie Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:23 am

YES......the baskets are back where they belong, it was nice to see them out there at CC again!! It might be a good idea to wait until the fairways get mowed (supposedly happening Mon.) , before going out to play.....
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Went this afternoon and played all 18.

I can agree, you should probably wait until the rest of the grass has been mowed the rest of the way. Not so much because of how tall it still is overall, but more because of the big piles of fresh cut prairie "grass" that are everywhere. Myself and all the others seemed to be spending an excessive amount of time searching for discs (which were carefully watched) within a 10' area because they were buried in the "hay". Many of the tee pads also still have very tall stuff growing up around and onto them.

I suggest, even if they get it all mowed on Monday, wearing long pants or heavy, tall socks and some rugged shoes. I am sure they won't be bagging the clippings when they mow and you can still expect to be deep in piles of them, picking up burrs, cling-ons and other miscellaneous pokey things.

All that said, I want to give a big thanks to Mark Dude, Greg Doh and anyone else that helped get the baskets installed in such a timely fashion. "Thank You!"
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Postby discdoh on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for the props, but I merely get a 1/2 credit on this one. The guys that I believe helped from the beginning of the re-install are Mark Dudenhoeffer, Jay Adams, Steve Kleiber, Ben Hart, Bob Waidmann, and Jeff Wulf. Thanks guys!

A really big thanks goes out to Mark Dudenhoeffer for storing the baskets over the winter. I am not sure what we would have done otherwise. Also, Jay Adams gave the baskets a little freshening up and gave them some new paint. They look a ton better!
Hoppy 2013!
discdoh
Ace Poster

Postby jeffthrow6892 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:10 am

So.......did the fairways get cut this past Mon.?? Anybody been out there this week? I've been meaning to get out to CC, but it hasn't happened........yet....
jeffthrow6892
Ace Poster

Previous

Return to Creve Coeur County Park