Bluebird DGC needs some attention.

Ellisville, MO

Bluebird DGC needs some attention.

Postby Stubborn Puppet on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:52 pm

I played here today. Although the course is still playable and the lawns from 5 - 8 are well mowed and all, signs of neglect are starting to take their toll.

First, there are only 2 trash cans along the entirety of the whole course. I remember there being many more when I played there in the past (it's been about 6 months since my last visit) and they are really needed. There was garbage left behind by players everywhere. Some players were attempting to show their frustration with this by turning the baskets into trash cans. Hell, basket 3 had a 12" high pile of beer cans, cups, bags, cigarette packs and so forth on top of it. That trend didn't get much better from beginning to end.

Second, the baskets are starting to need some real maintenance. They are all suffering from rust pretty badly. Several need work on the chains - a temporary measure to fix some of this has caused them to become too tight and discs just skip right off instead of catching. There is also a lot of graffiti on the baskets.

Third, the foot paths along 1 - 5 have become very washed out (practically to the point of non-existence) and are pretty treacherous. Hell, I almost slipped and fell 3 times and I'm a pretty graceful person. My friend also slipped a lot. I don't know how much can really be done about this by the club/us players, but I'm just saying...

Anybody in the club or on these forums that lives anywhere near Bluebird Park or that plays there a lot that might be willing to step up as a potential course captain?
Stubborn Puppet
Ace Poster

Return to Bluebird City Park